• Music in the Park features old time country favourites Cattle Annie and the Crooked Corral tonight at 7 p.m. The next event will be on Tuesday, July 12 with the Kootenay Fiddle Camp Instructors.
• The Compassionate Friends is a self-help support group for parents and families who have lost
a child, at any age from any cause. Three cell groups meet monthly: in Fruitvale, the last Monday of the month at 1p.m. 1414 Green Rd., in Trail, the third Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Trail United Church and in Nelson, the second Wednesday 7 p.m. at Mountain View Village. Please call Joan for summer meeting plans and any further information 693-2281
• The Annual Seniors Day Picnic will be held today from 2 – 6 pm at the Beaver Valley Family Park. Cost will be $12. Crib games 1-75 will be from 2:30 – 4 p.m. Entertainment from 4 – 4:30 p.m., dinner starting at 4:30 pm and the BC Old Time Fiddlers #9 will play from 4:30-6 p.m. Dinner, dessert and refreshments will be served. Bring your crib board or just sit back & relax. Dinner tickets must be purchased in advance (deadline is June 30) at the Fruitvale & Montrose Village Offices. For more information call Kelly at 367-9319.
• Trail Smoke Eaters Alumni serve up their Seventh Annual ALS Dinner on Friday, live and silent auction, with special guests, Steve Tambellini and Tom Renney. Dinner tickets $50. The Golf Fundraiser goes Saturday with a three-man scramble, prizes and barbecue dinner.
• The Gold Fever Follies celebrate 25 years by offering the Golden Ticket. Purchase a $30 ticket and gain access to the Rossland Museum and the Golden City’s rich mining heritage, a free dinner at the Flying Steamshovel and entry to the Gold Fever Follies. Show run all summer from Tuesday to Saturday at 3 and 7:30 p.m. Tickets available from the Rossland Museum, Rossland Pro Hardware and Out of the Cellar.
• BCIAHA All Breed Community Horse Show to be held at the Trail Horseman’s Society Grounds (across from Trail Airport) from Friday to Sunday. Dressage goes Friday, starting at 9 a.m., with English Day Saturday and Western Day Sunday. Come and enjoy the horses at this free public event. A concession will be open July 9 and July 10. For entries, to volunteer or more info contact Holley Campbell at 362-9065.
• Champion Chevrolet is hosting a Camaro rally from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. Come see classic to brand new models and enjoy a bbq.