• Friday, Rossland Legion, 6 p.m. Beans and Rice dinner. Selkirk College nursing students raising funds for a trip to Guatemala to participate and learn about grassroots community health projects.
• Saturday, Rossland United Church, 5-7 p.m. Delicious turkey buffet with all the trimmings, plus desserts. All welcome.
Music and Theatre
• Friday, Iona Hall (St Andrew’s Church) 7:30 p.m., Columbia Phoenix Players presents The Charitable Sisterhood of Second Trinity Victory Church, a two-act comedy by Bo Wilson. Second performance in Iona Hall on Saturday, 7:30 p.m. Play moves to Castlegar April 9, in the Old Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets at L’Bears and Mother Natures Pantry.
• Sunday, Bailey Theatre, 2 p.m. Teck Kids Series presents Infinitus, Hip Hop to Handel. Musical concoctions by three award-winning musicians, with a violin, viola, cello and vocalizations. Ages four to 10, one hour show.
• VISAC Gallery showing “Perspectives,” ” a contemporary fibre arts exhibit by Sarah Elizabeth and Theshini Naicker. Hours Tuesday to Friday 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Arts council presents Born to be Blue. A re-imagining of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker’s life in the 60s.
• April 7, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. Laura Landsberg Quartet, Nelson singer presents Duke Ellington’s timeless compositions.
• April 9, Trail Senior’s Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to music by All Aboard. Admission $2. Refreshments served. Entrance on Portland Street, all welcome.
• April 14, Webster School gym, 5-8 p.m. Webster PAC hosting Spring Market, fundraising for new school playground.
• April 16, Casino Road for West Kootenay Archers’ Annual Spring Shoot. Also runs April 17. Call 367.6283 for info.
• April 23, Trail Senior’s Centre. 2-4 p.m. Dance to music of Peter Makortoff. Admission $2. Refreshments served. Entrance on Portland Street. All welcome.
• April 23 deadline. Attention All Photographers: West Kootenay Camera Club “26th.” Annual Photo Show requests your submissions for entries. Deadline April 23, 2016. Drop-off Centres: Kel Printing in Castlegar, Vogue Photography in Nelson, and Doell Photography in Trail, BC. For more information and entry forms visit www.westkootenaycameraclub.com.
• April 24, Gyro Park 9 a.m. until noon, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Dash. Family friendly event, designed for runners and walkers of all ages and all fitness levels, all money raised donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
• April 30, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. Trail Harmony Choir hosts the International Choral Festival. Wenatchee Apollo Club, the Wenatchee Appleaires, the Camerata Club from Yakima, the Kelowna Spectrum Singers and the Nelson Choral Society.
• May 4, Trail Senior’s Centre, 4-8 p.m. Silver City Days Toonie Dance. Snacks and nonalcoholic beverages. Music by Peter Makortoff and Jim Halpin of North of 60.
To submit email email@example.com.