• Saturday, Waneta Plaza, 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Steps Dance Company and Got Juiced fundraiser for AkuaPuali Homestead Society. Performing “Oh Canada Eh,” and dance off with Trail Smokies and BV Nitehawks. Draw prizes.
• Saturday, KP Hall from 8-11 p.m. for Ballroom Dancing to the big band sounds of SwingSationS. All welcome. Tickets $15, at Trail Coffee and Tea or Mallard’s in Castlegar. Call 367.6115 to reserve.
• Monday, Warfield Community Hall, 6 p.m., Lego Club for children 5-8 yrs, one hour session for children 9-12 begins at 7 p.m. $10 registration fee. Each week, new Lego theme.
• Tuesday, Warfield Community Hall, (old kitchen) 6:30-8:30 p.m., Learn to Crochet. Bring a size “l” of J-hook and a ball of Red Heart super saver wool. Class is free.
• Wednesday, Webster School gym, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Floor hockey for children 5-8 years; 6:30-7:30 p.m. session for ages 9-12. $25 registration fee.
• Visac Gallery showing Wild Images, Paintings by Slocan Valley artist Evelyn E. Kirkaldy. Exhibit runs until Feb. 13. Hours Tue. to Fri. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thu. to 6 p.m.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Mr. Turner. Mike Leigh looks back to the nineteenth century and the later years of the celebrated, groundbreaking, difficult painter JMW Turner (1775-1851).
• Feb. 7, St. Andrew’s Anglican Church in Trail from 1-3 p.m. for a Valentine tea. Homemade baking and book sale. Iona Hall, alley entrance off Eldorado Street. Phone 368.5581 for more info.
• Feb. 8, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. E2 Experiments in Entertainment presents Till Death – The Six Wives of Henry the V111. Performed by Vancouver’s Tara Travis, one actress plays six queens, six love stories and six deaths.
• Feb 8, Charles Bailey Theatre, 2 p.m. Teck Children’s Series presents The Little Prince. Puppets, masks, original music and a little theatre magic for children aged 4-12 and adults who are young at heart. Tickets $20, all children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Feb. 12, 7:30 p.m. Muriels Griffiths Room, Jazz at the Griff presents the Melody Diachan Quartet. Featuring “Bossa Novas & the Beatles,” rich collection of songs from Brazil and the Fab Four. Tickets $13 advance, $18 at the door.
• Feb. 14, Trail United Church from 10 a.m. until noon the U.C.W. is holding a Valentine Coffee Party at Knox Hall. Admission by donation, baking and toonie tables. All welcome.
• Feb. 20, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. The Rossland Light Opera Players present one of Canada’s best loved stories with this production of Anne of Green Gables. We all love the unwanted orphan girl who arrives at Matthew and Marilla’s farm and who transforms the lives of all the people who come in contact with her. This is the perfect family outing.
• Feb. 22, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m., E2 Experiments in Entertainment presents Little Moths. Hosted by Almeda Glenn Miller, storytellers from across the valley will frighten, delight and enlighten with authentic stories from our region.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org