• Sunday Cinema presents ‘The First Grader.’ Set in Kenya, a proud old Mau Mau veteran is determined to learn how to read and write so he joins a class alongside six-year-olds to complete his quest. Royal Theatre, 4 p.m., admission $9.
• Visac Gallery presents “Reflections of Light,” an exhibition of landscape paintings by Trail artist Catherine Wetmore. Monday to Friday, noon-4 p.m.
• Art and Craft show at the Waneta Plaza starts Thursday, April 28 until May 1. Call Helen at 368-9776 for more info.
• Syd’s Fun Run for muscular dystrophy, invites all motorcyclists to a 175 mile ride. Starting Friday from Leather and Steel in Fruitvale through Nelson to Kaslo and back, ending up at the Warfield Fire Hall. Registration 8 a.m., leave at 10 a.m. $10 per rider.
•Waneta Plaza’s Giant Easter Egg Hunt goes Saturday at 9:30 a.m. Children up to 8-year-old can participate.
•The Plaza will also be having their spring bake sale Saturday starting at 9:30 a.m. to help support Relay for Life, SPCA and other community groups.
•The West Kootenay Archers annual 3-D spring shoot starts begins Saturday from 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Trail Wildlife Range. Call 367-6283 for more info.
• St. Andrew’s United Church is having an Easter Service, Sunday at 7 a.m. at Kerbyís Farm in Happy Valley, follow the signs. Regular church service will be at 9 a.m.
•Columbia View Lodgeís community coffee party and bazaar is on Saturday, 1:30 – 3 p.m. Refreshments, baking, crafts, ceramics, art cards and much more.
• Castlegar Garden Clubís annual plant sale will go on Saturday, May 7 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Station Museum 400-13th Ave. Call 399-0077 for more info.
• Nominations are being accepted for Beaver Valley Citizen of the Year. Nomination forms can be picked up at the Villages of Montrose or Fruitvale offices. Deadline is April 30.
The deadline for Grapevine submissions is 9 a.m. Wednesday.
E-mail to email@example.com