• Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre. 2 p.m. for Cadence, from the Teck Children Series. Take a trip through time with Cadence as they cover over 100 years of vocal music in 50 minutes. Juno nominated quartet covers Gregorian chant, classical, choral, jazz, do-wop, rock, and blues. High-energy antics and audience participation.
• Friday, Waneta Plaza’s Annual Spring Craft Fair, Come support local crafters, show runs until sunday.
• Saturday, Rossland United Church, 10 a.m. until noon for waffles with strawberries, blueberries and cream, and tea or coffee. $5, everyone welcome.
• Saturday, St. Rita’s Church in Fruitvale, 1-2:30 p.m. for Strawberry Tea & Bake Sale. 1935 East View Street. Entry by donation.
• Saturday, Trail Alliance Church from 2-4 p.m. for a Spring Tea. Coffee, tea, decadent desserts. Tickets $4, children $2 at the door.
• Saturday, Knight of Pythias Hall in Trail, 6-8 p.m. the Mystic Dreams Belly Dance presents: the Unveiling. A belly dance performance featuring Mystic Dreams dancers and dancers from Castlegar, Grand Forks and Kelowna. Tickets $10, available from local belly dancers or call 521.0120 or email Lisa Keech at email@example.com.
• Saturday, Trail United Church,7 p.m. for performance by Linda Ruan, 2015 B.C. winner of the Registered Music Teachers‘ annual piano competition. Part of young artist tour. Tickets $15, students $5, available at the door.
• Sunday, Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church at 4 p.m. for Dinner with the Doctor. Enjoy a free vegetarian meal and talk with Dr. Sid Kettner. To reserve a seat, call Val Egolf at 368.3384. Topic, hypertension and stroke.
• Monday, Trail United Church 7-9 p.m. Dr. Nancy Reeves (psychologist) will speak on her newly released book, “The Kid-dom Of God – Helping Children Grow in Christian Faith.” Free admission. For information call Kathy Bowcock 362.5882.
• May 7, Trail Association Activity Centre, 1791 Riverside Ave., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Mother’s Day Tea, Luncheon and Bazaar. Fundraiser, $5 per person. Includes tea, coffee, sandwiches and dessert platter. Craft table, trinkets, bake sale, door prizes. Call 368.3503 or 3687.3504 for info or to reserve tickets. RSVP by April 27.
• May 9, the Old Firehall in Rossland, 8 p.m. Juno award winning singer/songwriter Bill Bourne returns to the West Kootenay for show with local songwriter and performer Alan Kirk. Local label Phonic Records is proud to be promoting show featuring a touring artist of this stature. Tickets at door, 7:30 p.m. Call Kirk at 551.5172 for info.
• May 20, Old Firehall, Rossland, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era. Trio includes Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano). Works of Rebecca Clarke, Amy Beach and Fanny Mendelssohn. Tickets at door or Bear Country Kitchen.
• May 23, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore presents works of women composers of the Romantic Era. Trio includes Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano). Works of Rebecca Clarke, Amy Beach and Fanny Mendelssohn.
• May 31, Charles Bailey Theatre, 3 p.m. for the Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Show features dancers ages 4-40. Call 368.9669 for info.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org