• Tickets on sale for the Colombo Lodge’s 2014 New Year’s Eve Party. Refreshments and appies at 6:30 p.m. and five-course Italian dinner at 7:30 p.m. Dance to live music by TnT. Everyone welcome, $50 per person. Call Joe 368-6246 or the Lodge at 368-8921.
• Today, United Way, Trail and District new location at 855 Farwell Street from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Gift wrapping by donation (min $5) all monies stay in the community. For info call 364-0999.
• Sunday, the Royal Theatre 11 a.m. for the Royal Ballet production of The Nutcracker. A timeless tale for all ages, tickets $12 or $10 for members of any local dance troop.
• Sunday, the Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Enough Said. The final film that James Gandolfini starred in before his untimely death, featuring Julia Louis‐Dreyfus as a divorced and single parent, who spends her days enjoying work as a masseuse but dreading her daughter’s impending departure for college. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series.
• VISAC Gallery open for Seasonal Treasures Gift Shoppe, Mon. to Wed. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thu. and Fri. from 2-6 p.m. Fine art and crafts for Christmas gifts. Call 364-1181 for info.
• Jan. 5 Sunday cinema presents the Dallas Buyers Club. A story of a Texas electrician who was diagnosed with HIV in 1986, and then devoted his life to providing HIV patients with non-FDA approved medication.
• Jan 23, Local 480 Union Hall from 6-9:30 p.m. for Lisa Frisk from Frisk Esthetics, Cinderella’s Closet. Tickets $5 at Aria Art of Hair includes door prizes a fashion show and live and silent dress auctions. An evening to prepare for prom while saving money.
• Jan. 30 The Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. when the National Theatre Live will broadcast Coriolanus, Shakespeare’s searing tragedy of political manipulation and revenge. When an old adversary threatens Rome, the city calls once more on her hero and defender: Coriolanus. But he has enemies at home too.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com