• Legendary Blues artist, Johnny Winter brings his new band to Trail with special opening act Vancouver Island’s own David Gogo. Tuesday, 7:30 at the Charles Bailey Theatre, tickets $41.50
• Do you like to sing? The Trail Harmony Choir invites all who love to sing to join us. We practice on Wednesday nights from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the J. L. Crowe music room. For more information call Liz at 512-8021.
• The Royal Theatre and National Theatre Live presents “The Kitchen.” Tonight only at 7 p.m. Tickets: $24 Adult or $12 child under 12yrs. No advanced tickets, doors open 30 minutes prior.
• The Alzheimer Society is presenting “Dementia/Alzheimer Caregiver Education”, a two-session workshop for caregivers of people with Alzheimer disease or related dementias. Sessions will be held at Selkirk College, Castlegar, 7-9 p.m. on Oct. 13, 20, 27 and Nov. 10. Pre-register by calling the college at 365-1208, registration fee is $40. For more info call the Alzheimer Society 352-6788.
• Rossland resident Rosa Jordan, author of “Far from Botany Bay” and winner of the One Book One Kootenay 2011 prize, will hold a public reading at the Trail library on Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.
• The Beaver Valley afternoon ladies curling club will have registration on Wednesday at 12:30 at the Beaver Valley curling rink, league starts Oct. 17. New curlers welcome. For more info contact Peggy at 367-7056 or Gail at 367-6166.
• The Canadian Cancer Society is having its “B4 Clink” fundraiser at the Flying Steamshovel in Rossland on Oct. 15. Get a burger, beer, band and briefs all for $15 featuring music by Sunshine Drive. Tickets must be purchased in advance, call 364-0403 for more info.
• The Trail Kinsman Club is looking for members to help with community projects. The club has been a driving force in establishing parks and recreation facilities in the Trail area for years. For more information on the Kinsmen Club of Trail or membership options, contact Mitch at 250-687-0149 or by email at Mitch@Kin5.ca.
• The Sweat Factory re-opens its doors for the fall schedule. Check sweatfactory.ca to register for a class.The Factory has moved to 419 Rossland Ave.
• Rouge Music in Rossland presents the Looking Glass Duo with Lucie Jones, flute, and Gianetta Baril, harp. Oct. 15 at 7:30 p.m. at the gallery. $15 admission, Call 362-9609 for more info.
• Rossland Sacred Heart Parish will be hosting its annual Fall Tea and Bazaar. Everyone is Welcome, Oct. 15, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., $4.
• Sunday Cinema gets ready to roll with a presentation of “Cave of Forgotten Dreams.” Showtime Oct. 16, 4:30 p.m. admission $9.
To submit an event or announcement to Grapevine email email@example.com.