• Saturday, Fruitvale Hall from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Family members holding a fundraiser garage sale, bake sale, and silent auction for local man having a kidney transplant on April 13 in Vancouver. Looking for donations towards the fundraiser; garage sale items, baking, or silent auction items. Monetary donations are also accepted.
• Saturday, Warfield Community Hall 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Easter Egg Hunt. Crafts, games and cookie decorating.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Boychoir. A troubled, angry 11-year-old orphan from a small Texas town, ends up at a Boy Choir school after the death of his single mom.
The exhibition highlights various techniques for adding pattern, texture and visual effects to pottery items, to enhance their appearance. Features work by members of the VISAC Pottery Guild, and continuation of last year’s “Pottery: Follow the Process.” Runs until April 24.
• April 16, Selkirk College in Trail, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. starts series on Chronic Pain Self-Management Workshop.
Better manage your pain by understanding pain and symptom cycle.
Set realistic goals and learn problem-solving. Call 778.477.2966 or email Carol Sicoli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Workshop continues April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14, and May 21.
• May 2, Knight of Pythias Hall in Trail, 6-8 p.m. the Mystic Dreams Belly Dance presents: the Unveiling. A belly dance performance featuring Mystic Dreams dancers and dancers from Castlegar, Grand Forks and Kelowna.
Tickets $10, available from local belly dancers or call 521.0120 or email Lisa Keech at email@example.com.