• The current exhibit at the VISAC Gallery is “Our Voices, Our Objects,” a selection of works from the private collections of gallery society board members.
The exhibit runs until Aug. 31. Gallery hours are Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Thursday and Friday, 2-6 p.m.
• Kootenay Savings Music in the Park goes tonight at 7 p.m. with Max and the Raptors delivering a delightful mix of edgy country and soulful folk. Come out next week for the final instalment of 2012 Music in the Park with the Old Time Fiddlers.
• The Trail Market goes on the Esplanade this Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. If interested in selling your wares please call 368-3144.
• Sign up and come out for the Kidney Walks at Gyro Park in Trail on Sunday. Breakfast at 8 a.m., register at 9 a.m. and enter the silent auction with a number of great prizes including a signed Jason Bay New York Mets jersey.
The walk starts at 10 a.m.
• Introducing a Drop-in Centre for Adults at the “AMP” – Alliance meeting place – 3375 Laburnum Dr. next to the Alliance Church. An informal place where adults meet to play games, do crafts, puzzles, have a coffee and socialize. Everyone welcome. Tuesdays 1-4 p.m. Come for a few minutes or stay all afternoon.
• A role call is going out to all would-be actors over 14 years old as the Columbia Phoenix Players is holding auditions for its fall production of the “Phoenix Café,” a selection of short comedy plays. Register for auditions Sept. 10 in the theatre basement of St. Andrews Church.
Registration starts at 6:30 p.m. Three shows will be performed over November 23 weekend. Phone 367-6365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.