• Tickets on sale now for the White Night gala Sept. 12 in the White Garden at Jubilee Park in downtown Trail. Communities in Bloom asking locals to come out for an elegant catered evening, music, key note speaker Greg Belland. Call 368.8818 for tickets.
• Monday, Iona Hall in St. Andrews Anglican Church at 7 p.m. for Columbia Phoenix Players auditions for the 5th Phoenix Cafe. Parts available for all ages and skill levels. This evening of short plays will be performed at the end of November. For information please contact Hazel at 362.5021 or Margot at 367.7448.
• Tonight, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. the National Theatre Live presents Medea. Medea faces banishment and separation from her children. Cornered, she begs for one day’s grace. It’s time enough. She exacts an appalling revenge and destroys everything she holds dear.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail opens Ingrid (Baker) de Jong’s exhibition of 30 semi-abstract paintings titled, “Something Different.” For info call 364.1181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sept. 12, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Sept. 13, Royal Theatre 11:30 a.m. for a live production of BBC’s Last Night of Proms. Sakari Oramo directs his first Last Night of the Proms, joined by powerhouse Dutch violinist Janine Jansen.
• Sept. 13, Gyro Park for United Way Day in the Park event hosted by the Trail and District United Way.
• Sept. 14, Gyro Park 9 a.m. registration for The Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. 10 a.m. mass start, 9-11:30 a.m. Kiwanis breakfast, all proceeds to run. Firemen’s tug-of-war.
• Sept. 15, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. for The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Robin Laytham will discuss pain management. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Sept. 18, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m., the Winter Cabaret features The Gabriel Palatchi Trio. The Argentinian keyboardist will be joined by drummer Tony Ferraro and bass player Doug Stephensen to perform a wide variety of styles in addition to jazz, including Salsa, Samba, Funk, Reggae, African, Tango, Klezmer, Disco and music from Gabriel’s homeland.
• Oct. 4, Victoria Street in Trail, 1-2 p.m. Life Chain. Everyone is welcome to participate.
• Oct. 5, Canadian Tire/Hwy. 3A Castlegar from 2-3 p.m. Life Chain. Peaceful witness for the protection of preborn children. Everyone welcome to participate.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com