• Friends of the Rossland Range present “White Water, Black Gold” tonight at 7 p.m. at Rossland Secondary School. A jarring documentary film on the tar sands and the devastating impact on the landscape and our water; directed by Nelson resident David Lavallee. $10 adults, $5 students and children.
• Check out “Decadents” works by the West Kootenay Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA).
The VISAC Gallery celebrates the 10th anniversary of the West Kootenay chapter of the FCA. This exhibition will host a variety of mediums and expert techniques from local artists. Show goes to June 21, Monday to Friday, noon-4 p.m.
•Don’t miss the 21st annual West Kootenay Camera Club Photo Show in Trail, June 24-29 at the VISAC Gallery, exhibiting over 340 judged photographs received from throughout the West Kootenay region. Everyone is invited to the opening night June 24, from 6-8 p.m. Local photographer, Jim Ford, will present two slideshows on his travels to Vietnam and Australia. For a loonie, you can vote for your favourite photo for the People’s Choice Award, and be eligible to win a beautiful framed photograph of “The Onions” taken at Gyro Park by Dennis Holden. The show runs June 24, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., June 25 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. and June 27, 28, 29 from 1-4 p.m.
• Music in the Park continues, as the Playmore Jazz Band swings Gyro Park tonight at 7 p.m. The Maple Leaf Band is slated for June 23.
• The Trail/Castlegar Parkinson’s Support Group is meeting at Kinnaird Park in Castlegar on Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. For more information phone 368-5179.
• Kootenay DanceWorks perform Friday at 6:30pm at Rossland Secondary School. Funds raised will be donated to the Congenital Heart Foundation. Admission is by donation and a tax receipt provided for a donation of $25.00 or more.
•Camp Koolaree is holding an 80th celebration on Saturday. Meet at McDonald’s Landing near lower Six Mile Road at 10 a.m. and leave when ready. Food and Fun provided. Call 368-5028 for more information.
•Trail Society for the Performing Arts is holding its Annual General Meeting at VISAC Gallery on Monday at 7:00 p.m. All members & prospective members welcome.
• The Second Annual Trail and Rossland Eagles Pig Roast will be held at the Trail Eagles Hall on June 24 from 5-11 p.m. and June 25 from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Enjoy a pancake breakfast, outdoor entertainment, kids’ zone, cake-walk, silent auction, concession trailer, beer garden, live music, and roast pig dinner. Dance to the tunes of Titus Kanby, Saturday at 9 p.m. Come on down for some family fun and support your local Eagles clubs. For more information or tickets please contact Larry at 362-5860 or Kim at 364-2646.