• Sunday Cinema presents “Jane Eyre,” based on Charlotte Bronte’s classic novel. Eyre flees her position as a governess for wealthy Edward Rochester whose coldness tests her resilience. Her return and natural curiosity uncover the terrible secret he is hiding. Royal Theatre, 4 p.m., admission $9.
• Visac Gallery presents “Reflections of Light,” an exhibition of landscape paintings by Trail artist Catherine Wetmore. Monday to Friday, noon-4 p.m.
• Kootenay Festival of the Arts honours concert Sunday at Trail’s First Presbyterian Church at 7 p.m.
• April Verch Band will be at the Miners Hall Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance and available at Out of the Cellar in Rossland or over the phone: 368-9669.
• The Rossland Eagles are having a Karaoke night at the Eagles Hall Saturday, 8:30.
• Joe Hill Coffeehouse celebrates its 24th show and third season at the Rossland Miners Hall Sunday at 7 p.m. with Les Carter, Michael Gifford, Kootenay DanceWorks, Paul Bowles, Denis Rorick and Russell Haskins. $3.
• The Young Phoenix Players present “Phoenix Café” an evening of short plays and skits, as well as light refreshments and baked goods. Curtains rise at the Knights of Pythias Hall in Trail on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 at Guys and Gals Hair Salon in Fruitvale or On the Edge Music, East Trail.
• The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Seniors will hold its annual general meeting at the Trail Seniors’ Centre on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Tom McEwan will give a hospice update followed by a documentary video about the growing crisis in seniors health care.
• The Scotiabank MS Walk kicks off Sunday at the Cominco Gym in the Trail Memorial Centre. Registration at 9:30 a.m. the walk starts at 11 a.m. with free refreshments and a kidzone, the event promises to be a fun time for a good cause. Go to mssociety.ca/bc/walk_rewards for more info.
• The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet at the Kiro Wellness Centre with guest speaker Paul Meise discussing urotomies and hernias, Monday 2 p.m. Call 368-9827 for more info.
• Warfield Recreation Easter Egg Hunt, for children ages 0-12, Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Warfield Community Hall.
• Kootenay Savings Credit Union AGM, Monday at 7:30 p.m., Cominco Gymnasium.
• Warfield Recreation is holding their spring cleaning Pitch-in of the Warfield streets and walkways on Tuesday. Meet at the Warfield Hall at 6 p.m. Gloves, garbage bags and refreshments supplied.
The deadline for Grapevine submissions is 9 a.m. Wednesday. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org