• Tonight, Gyro Park 7 p.m. Music in the Park opens with performances by the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Highland Dance. Summer series sponsored by Kootenay Savings Credit Union. Toonie donation suggested, remember to bring a lawn chair.
• VISAC Gallery showing Joe Horvath’s “A Life of Painting and Drawing. “ Exhibition features oils and watercolour sketches of natural landscapes. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission by donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery. com.
• Friday, Trail Memorial Centre 7 p.m., J.L. Crowe Secondary School graduation ceremonies.
• Saturday, Trail Memorial Centre, 7 p.m. for J.L. Crowe Memory Walk. Grads introduced to community, open to public.
• June 20, Trail Memorial Centre from noon until 2 p.m. for free Bike Rodeo. For kids ages 6 -14, a mini skills testing course to learn about bicycle safety in a fun and challenging course set-up. Face painting, balloon art, carnival games, and special treats. Must pre-register by June 17 to ensure participation. Call Trail parks and recreation 364.0888.
• Registration open for KBRH Health Foundation’s Golf Classic July 17 at Birchbank golf course. 11 a.m. registration, 1 p.m. shotgun start, 18 hole shamble format. Dinner and prizes follow. For more info, contact Lisa Pasin or Debbie O’Genski at the health foundation, 364.3424 or by email email@example.com or debbie.o’firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 20, Charles Bailey Theatre, 6:30 p.m. Kootenay Danceworks presents Dancing Divas & Dads. Students demonstrate their skills and talents at the annual year end show. Dads will be joining them this year. For info call 368.9669.
• Trail Market on the Esplanade goes June 19, July 3, July 31, Aug 14, Aug 28. Sept. 11, Sept. 15, and Oct. 9.
• June 20, Gyro Park and Memorial Centre gym from 11 a.m. until 11:45 p.m. for Cruisin’ the Columbia Car Show and Dance. Annual event includes dance this year with music by Kootenay All Stars featuring Gary Stewart. Public welcome. Contact Donny Steep for info 367.6503.
• June 24, Gyro Park for Senior Citizens Association Senior’s Picnic.
• June 26, Gyro Park for Success by 6 Annual Teddy Bear Picnic.
• June 27, Gyro Park for West Kootenay Pagan Pride Day.
• June 27, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25. Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils.
• June 27, Colombo Piazza, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Festa Italiana Family Day in the Park.
• July 1, Kiwanis Beaver Creek Park 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. for Canada Day Celebration. Pancake & sausage breakfast, craft fair, community group displays, free entertainment, kids’ games, and birthday cake. Fireworks display in Gyro Park at dusk.
To submit to Grapevine email email@example.com