• Harry Manx brings his unique blues, fusion, rock roots to Rossland’s Miners Hall on Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets $35. Visit www.rosslandcac.com for more information.
• Guy Few and Nadina Mackie Jackson presents “Travel Tales.” Two of Canada’s most artistic and virtuosic solo instrumental artists are joining forces to create artworks that expand the genre for their instruments and reveal the physical reality of the artistic process. Charles Bailey Theatre, Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. tickets $30, call 368-9669 for more info.
• Multi-Juno award winners, The Rankin Family and their Acoustic Tour lands in Trail and the Charles Bailey Theatre on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets at the Charles Bailey box office, $47.
• Every Wednesday is an open-stage night with Corey Henderson at The Flying Steamshovel, featuring a rocking band and all the instruments and equipment needed to play. Interested performers, jammers and singers are all welcome. The band has a huge repertoire and a songbook full of lyrics for all singers ready to graduate from Karaoke, 9 p.m.
• Sunday Cinema presents “Margin Call.” A star-studded cast featuring Kevin Spacey, Demi Moore and Stanley Tucci. A thriller set in the world of high finance, when an entry-level analyst discovers secrets that could translate into an investment firm’s downfall in the early stages of the 2008 financial crisis. 4 p.m. Royal Theatre, $9 admission.
The VISAC Gallery is proud to present “My Inner Child” by quirky fibre artist Kim O’Brien. Based in Nelson, O’Brien is becoming well known for her imaginative and fantastical felt wool creations and VISAC is excited to host her first solo exhibition in Trail. Artist reception is Saturday from noon-3p.m. For more information, call 364-0234.
• Buy a Snowflake to support Digital Mammography at KBRH. White snowflakes $10. Pink snowflakes $20. Tax receipts issued for all donations. Snowflakes can be purchased at the Doorway, JJs, Style Mavens Hair Studio, Bootlegger, Gerick Sports, Halls Basics, TD Bank, RHC Insurance Brokers Trail, Scotiabank, and the KBRH Health Foundation. Double your donation at Scotiabank with their company match program. Campaign runs until January 31..
• The Friends of the Trail Library will be kicking off their annual membership drive this weekend. The Friends will be at Ferraro Foods from 3-8 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday. Membership is by donation and can also be obtained at the Library.
• The United Way of Trail and District has partnered again with the USW this year to host a “Dinner of Caring” for the community on Friday at the Knox United Church Hall at 5:30 p.m.
• The Kinsmen Club of Trail is holding a membership information orientation meeting. Find out what Kinsmen can do for you and how you can help Kinsmen improve your community. Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Hall in Trail, 1650 McLean St. Call 365-5596.
• Enjoy Ballroom dancing to the big band sounds of the SWINGSATIONS, featuring a variety of dance styles for all ages. Saturday at 8 p.m. at the KP Hall above Shoppers Drug Mart in Trail. Tickets $15, available at Mallards in Castlegar and at Trail Coffee and Tea: call 367-6115 for more info.
• Back by popular demand, the Iron Mountain Theatre’s production of “Ski Bum: The Musical” returns on Jan. 27 and 28 at Rossland Secondary School at 7:30 p.m. tickets available at Rossland ProHardware.