Please note Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times. It is designed to give non-profit groups and advertising partners the ability to promote upcoming events. However, the Trail Times does not guarantee submissions will make the next issue. If you wish to guarantee promotion of an event, please contact our advertising department.
Tonight, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Corb Lund and the Hurtin’ Albertans ‘Cabin Fever.” Tickets, $45, now on sale at the box office or call 1-866-368-9669.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall, doors open at 6:30 p.m. for Joe Hill Coffee House. Entertainment includes: Gut Bucket Giff; Dawn Graham and Monique; Kootenay Dance Works; The Harmaniaks; Frequent Flyers; The Voltures, Tim Bourchier, Janet Bourchier, Nancy Stanton. Admission $3, kids and students free. More info, call Les Carter 362-5677.
• Wednesday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Kevin Armstrong, a versatile and unorthodox performer with an international career, will be bringing his hit one-man show, “Opera for Heathens” to the Muriel Griffiths room. Tickets $12, available at the door.
• Saturday, the Summer Kootenay Skateboard Series will kick off in Kaslo.This summer marks the fourth year that the event has been running providing opportunities for skaters to mix and like minded people to share in the Kootenay Skateboard Culture.
• May 23, Kiro Wellness Centre at 1 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest: Rob Elliott, Hollister representative. For further info, please call 368-9827 or 365-6276. Last meeting until September
• Saturday, May 25, 6:30 p.m., Kootenay DanceWorks presents An Evening of Gratitude. Annual showcase of Talent. Tickets $12..
• May 31, Warfield Hall from 1-3 p.m. for the Community Tea.
• June 1, Warfield Days from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pancake breakfast 7-11 a.m. Village Square Park from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Crafts, bouncy castle, relay races, food vendors, music. and more. Steak dinner 5-6:30 p.m. $10.
• Sunday, June 2, 3:00 pm Steps Dance Centre presents Stairway to Entertainment. Tickets $15.
• June 7 & 8 Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. J L Crowe Drama Players present Footloose. Crowe’s drama students take on Footloose, the story of a young man from Chicago who is forced to move with his mother to a puritanical, small town dancing and rock ‘n’ roll are forbidden. Tickets at the box office, $15.
• Beginning June 7th until October 11th the Trail Market on the Esplanade will occur every two weeks on Fridays from 10 am to 2 pm. Several vendors, selling a variety of items such as clothing, jewelry, soaps, crafts, pottery, food, beverages and much more, will be set up along the picturesque Esplanade starting at the end of Spokane Street all the way down into Jubilee Park.
• June 8, Montrose Family Fun Day, garage sale and craft fair. 8-10 a.m. $10. Call Amy for more info at 367-7234.
• Thursday, June 13, 6:30 pm, Strawberry Shortcake’s Follow Your Berry Own Beat., a musical adventure. Tickets $27.50.
• Thursday, June 13 Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. We are please to present you with the National Theatre Live production of The Audience.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org