• The Charles Bailey theatre is hosting the hunt for Trail’s Best Singer tonight, at 6:30 p.m. The top two Trail singers advance to the Kootenay Championships, June 23 in Cranbrook, over $5000 in prizes. For information call 1-250-428-0305.
• The Trail and District Arts Council presents Stand Up for Charity featuring comedians Ivan Decker and Sunee Dhaliwal. Friday at the Charles Bailey Theatre, 8:30 p.m., tickets $25.
• The VISAC Gallery presents “The Subtle Body” by Barbara Maye, her collection of work celebrating the human body. The exhibition opens Friday and Maye will be conducting an introductory drawing workshop June 2-3, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the gallery. The fee is $175 and the registration deadline is May 28. Regular gallery hours are Mon. to Wed, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Th-Fri, 2 – 6 p.m..
• The 11th West Kootenay Walk for ALS goes Sunday. This fun filled community event will be kicking off at Lakeside Rotary Park in Nelson at 11:30 a.m. with the walk Starting at 1 p.m.
• The ninth annual Art of Wine returns to the Colombo Lodge in Trail June 2. Wine tasting, appetizers and Art show highlights this elegant event with 18 wineries and over 100 wines on the menu. Tickets $50.
• The Rossland Historical Museum will be holding a Family Day on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m at the museum. Music, food, displays and activities for the children will make it a great day in a historical setting.
• The 531 City of Trail Air Cadets will be having a free car wash on Saturday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Wal-Mart parking lot by the garden/auto area to raise money to replace our aging supply trailer which houses uniforms, outdoor equipment, training aide etc., which helps making the Air Cadets Program a continued success.
• The Colombo Lodge presents Lynne Bowen on Tuesday, at 7 p.m. at Cafe Books West in Rossland. The author of “Whoever Gives us Bread”, the story of Italians in British Columbia will offer copies of her book. Everyone is welcome to this free community event.
• The Alliance Church is offering a “Meeting Place” every Tuesday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. where adults meet to visit, play games, do crafts and socialize. 3365 Laburnum Dr. everyone welcome. Call 368-9516 for more info.
• On June 10th the Columbia Canoe and Kayak Club is hosting a paddle on the Creston Marches between the Creston Wildlife Center and Duck Lake. The trip is an easy 4-5 hour paddle with lots of opportunity to see the abundant bird and wildlife along the way. For more information contact Michael McMann at 365-5647
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org.