• Saturday, Gyro Park, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. West Kootenay Smoke n Steel Car Show.
• Saturday, Trail Aquatic Centre, 8:30 a.m. until noon for Kids Triathlon.
• Sunday, Gyro Park, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kootenay South Métis Society invite the community to Indigenous Peoples’ Day. Everyone welcome. Ktunaxa Youth Dancers, Eagle Bear Spirit Drummers, and Golden City Fiddlers. Bannock, fry bread. Concession selling buffalo burgers.
• Thursday, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Music in the Park 2018 begins with a performance by the Maple Leaf Band. Admission by donation, toonie suggested.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, 7 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House winds up 10 years with a Season Finale. Doors open 6:30 p.m. Great goodies (no bar) for sale. Family-friendly, admission $3. Joe Hill is always looking for new performers of all ages. No auditions. For more info contact Les Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org, 250.362.5677.