Please note Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times. It is designed to give non-profit groups and advertising partners the ability to promote upcoming events. However, the Trail Times does not guarantee submissions will make the next issue. If you wish to guarantee promotion of an event, please contact our advertising department.
• Friday, the Trail Market on the Esplanade opens its season from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Multiple vendors selling a variety of items such as clothing, jewelry, soaps, crafts, pottery, food, beverages and much more, will be set up along the end of Spokane Street and into Jubilee Park.
• Friday & Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. J.L. Crowe Drama Players present Footloose. Crowe students take on the story of a young man from Chicago who is forced to move with his mother to a small town where dancing and rock ‘n’ roll are forbidden. Tickets at the box office, $15.
• Saturday, Montrose Family Fun Day, garage sale and craft fair. 8-10 a.m. $10. Call Amy for more info at 367-7234.
• Saturday, Rossland Miners Hall at 7:30 p.m. I, Claudia. A touching one-act play that blends the humorous and the painful aspects of life’s struggles with four delightful characters played by one actress. Suitable for adults and youth 12 and older. $12.00 at the door
Sunday, J. Kemball Armoury on Seventh Ave., from 2:30-4 p.m. for the Annual Ceremonial Review. Banquet to follow, tickets $15. Call 368-8677 for info.
• Monday, Beaver Valley Arena from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. for the Beaver Valley Adventure Picnic for preschoolers and kindergarten children. A fun day of games, crafts and lunch, with parent participation required. Lunch (hot dog, juice & wafer cookies) will be provided for the children at 11:30 a.m.
• Trail VISAC Gallery and Creative Arts Centre, May 10 to June 12, Current exhibition presents visual artist Lainey Benson. Admission by donation. For info call 364-1181.
• Selkirk weavers and spinners guild, gift store is open weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For handcrafted items and demonstrations of weaving and spinning arts. Monthly meeting third Wednesday at 10 a.m. the Doukhobor Discovery Centre. New members and guests welcome.
• June 13 Gyro Park at 7 p.m. Kootenay Savings Music in the Park season begins with a performance by the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers. Admission by donation. Call 364-3003 for more info.
• Thursday, June 13, 6:30 pm, Strawberry Shortcake’s Follow Your Berry Own Beat., a musical adventure. Tickets $27.50.
• Thursday, June 13 Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. We are please to present you with the National Theatre Live production of The Audience. Tickets $24 adult, $12 child. For info call 231-5672
• June 22 Trail United Church from 1-3 p.m. The Gran to Grans Stephen Lewis foundation is holding a Strawberry Tea and jewelry sale. Admission $4. Call 364-2779 for more info.
• 9th Annual Kootenay Whitewater Festival/Fundraiser taking place on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23rd in Crescent Valley, B.C.
Cost for early registration, $55, with deadline June 19 at 6p.m. Late registration, $65. To register, call 1-877-FUN-8181, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com