Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Thursday, Trail Seniors Centre, 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. for open house. Crib 11 a.m., light lunch at noon, dance to Reg Bozzer, 1-3 p.m. No charge, all welcome.
• Saturday, Bella Tire 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Tire round-up. Gather old tires for recycle and drop off free of charge. Tire Stewardship of BC.
• Saturday, downtown Trail, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmer’s Market. Plants, pottery, crafts, spices and baking vendors also at the market on the 1300 block of Cedar Ave.
• Saturday, West Kootenay Relay For Life, 5-11 p.m. at Kinnaird Park in Castlegar. Community event includes silent auction, BBQ and entertainment from Supercat Studios, Mystic Dreams belly dancers and RUCKUS. Still time to register at relayforlife.ca or day of, starting at 4 p.m.
• Sunday, Gyro Park, 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Aboriginal Day in Trail. Celebrate Metis and First Nations culture and history with Kootenay South Metis Society. Tipis, story telling, food, native dancing and more. Everyone invited. Phone Dale Andrews, 368.7470 for info.
• Thursday, Music in the Park, 7 p.m. presents Trail Maple Leaf Band, weather permitting. Medley of show tunes and more. Don’t forget your lawn chair. By donation, toonie suggested. For info call 364.3003.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, 7 p.m. , Joe Hill Coffee House winds up its eighth season of being a community venue for performers near and far. Johnny P. Johnson leads with son Javan on fiddle; Gold Fever Follies cast; Marti Daniel sings; Noelle Plamondon makes her Joe Hill; Kiana Tingley, guitar; JP Sykes; and Kootenay Dance Works. Doors open 6 p.m., coffee, tea and goodies.
• Webster PAC is seeking help to unload and assemble the new playground structure on June 24 and June 25. The council has reached its $155,000 fundraising goal for the “Building Pride: New Intermediate Playground” project. To sign up, visit SignUpGenius.com (firstname.lastname@example.org under find a ‘Find a Sign Up’) or call Bridget Kivell at 250.368.8066.
• Registration open for KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic on Friday July 15 at Birchbank Golf Course. For info or to sign up call 250.364.3424 or visit kbrhhealthfoundation.ca. All proceeds support the Elder Care Campaign. Registration opens at 11 a.m. day of, with tee off at 1 p.m. 18 holes of golf followed by dinner and prizes.
• June 23, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Lisa Nicole and Jason Thomas. Bring your lawn chair and cowboy boots for performance by Kootenay country artist. By donation, toonie suggested.
• June 24, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Fresh produce, good eats and more. Also runs July 8, July 22 and a special evening edition July 13, featuring the Clinton Swanson Jazz Trio.
• June 27, Trail United Church 7 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice hosts discussion about Physician Assisted Death. Join panel, Dr. Zinia Pritchard, Dr. Marnie Jacobsen and Tammy McLean, NP to consider questions pertaining to upcoming legislation Bill 14, Medical Assistance in Dying.
To submit email email@example.com.