• The Kootenay Savings Music in the Park concert season gets underway tonight at 7 p.m. with the Trail Maple Leaf Band. All concerts are at Gyro Park. Admission to the Trail District Arts Council series is by donation.
• The VISAC Gallery presents “The Subtle Body,” a colourful collection of paintings of yoga poses by Nakusp artist Barbara Maye. Gallery hours are Mon. to Wed., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Th-Fri, 2-6 p.m. For a special guided showing of the exhibit with your group of friends or club, contact the gallery at 364-1181 or email@example.com. The exhibit runs until July 13.
• The Alliance Church is offering a “Meeting Place” every Tuesday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. where adults meet to visit, play games, do crafts and socialize. 3365 Laburnum Dr. everyone welcome. Call 368-9516 for more info.
• The Village of Warfield is celebrating its 60th anniversary of incorporation June 16. The Warfield community day will start with the pancake breakfast in the Community Hall from 7-11 am (served by KSCU staff). All the fun events, Community Market and entertainment will happen at Webster School from Noon – 3 p.m. ending with our Firemen’s Dinner at 5 p.m.For more information call 250-368-8202.
• The Royal Theatre will be screening “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” from June 15 – 21 and has an offer of 2-for-1 admission. A group of British retirees are enticed by advertisements to travel to India to stay at the Marigold Hotel, which has been restored as a retirement home by a young Indian man with the best of intentions. However, when they arrive, they find the living accommodations aren’t quite as luxurious as portrayed in the brochure. Despite having to cope with broken furniture, phones that don’t work and food they can’t pronounce, they share a number of unconventional but hilarious experiences that bring them closer together. Based on the novel “These Foolish Things” by Deborah Moggach. Showtimes; Friday and Saturday 7 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Sunday to Thursday 7 p.m. Director: John Madden Cast: Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Dev Patel, Tom Wilkinson, Maggie Smith. Runtime: 124 minutes Country: UKLanguage: English
• The acclaimed production of “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,” opens at the Royal Theatre June 15 until June 21, with show times Friday and Saturday 7 and 9:15 p.m., Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m., and Sun-Thurs. at 7 p.m.
• Neigbourhood Grans to Grans is serving its Strawberry Tea at the Rossland Seniors Hall from 1:30-3:30 p.m. June 23, for the Stephen Lewis Foundation, Turning the Tide on AIDS. $3 admission.
• The Annual General Meeting of the Trail Society for the Performing Arts will take place in the VISAC Gallery at 7:00 pm, Tuesday, June 26. All members welcome.
• Start planning your entry for the Golden City Days Parade, Saturday, September 8th! Dig out old hats, long skirts, miners’ beards, gamblin’ duds; enter a float, marching group, baby buggies; play music, and dance! Join in the fun! Food and craft vendors are needed for Saturday and Sunday, also. Contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.