Please note Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times. It is designed to give non-profit groups and advertising partners the ability to promote upcoming events. However, the Trail Times does not guarantee submissions will make the next issue. If you wish to guarantee promotion of an event, please contact our advertising department.
• Tonight, Gyro Park at 7 p.m. Kootenay Savings Music in the Park season begins with a performance by the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers. Admission by donation. Call 364-3003 for more info.
• Tonight, Charles Bailey Theatre at 6:30 p.m. Strawberry Shortcake’s Follow Your Berry Own Beat., a musical adventure. Tickets $27.50.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall door open at 6 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House ends the season on a high note. No Frets and Golden City fiddlers; Rossland Glee Club; Frequent Flyers; Keith Simmonds ‘ farewell rendition of the Ballad of Joe Hill; Paul Dasti and Aaron Andrews; Les Carter and more. Admission $3, kids and students free.
• Tuesday, Gyro Park at 11:30 a.m. Trail/Castlegar Parkinson’s Support Group will be meeting for a picinic. New members welcomed. For nformation call 368-5179.
• Tonight, the Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. For the National Theatre Live production of The Audience. Tickets $24 adult, $12 child. For info call 231-5672
• Trail VISAC Gallery and Creative Arts Centre, June 13 to June 26, Exhibition by art photograhper Ursula Abresch. Admission by donation. For info call 364-1181.
• Selkirk weavers and spinners guild, gift store is open weekends 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For handcrafted items and demonstrations of weaving and spinning arts. Monthly meeting third Wednesday at 10 a.m. the Doukhobor Discovery Centre. New members and guests welcome.
• June 20, Rossland Community Garden in Jubilee Park at 6 p.m. Learn how to protect your fruit trees, chickens, bees and other attractants from hungry bears. A discussion on the ‘how to’ of electric fencing will be followed by an actual fence set up around a residential garden. Call 231-2751 to register or for more info.
• June 21, the Trail Market on the Esplanade open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Multiple vendors selling a variety of items such as clothing, jewelry, soaps, crafts, pottery, food, beverages and much more, will be set up along the end of Spokane Street and into Jubilee Park.
• June 22, Trail Legion’s Annual Family Picnic at 1. Meat draw 3-5 p.m. followed by roast beef or hamburger dinner. Hamburgers and hotdogs available all afternoon. Tickets for dinner must be pre-purchased at the Legion. Call 231-6562 for more info. Bus transportation to picnic and return by donation.
• June 22 Trail United Church from 1-3 p.m. The Gran to Grans Stephen Lewis foundation is holding a Strawberry Tea and jewelry sale. Admission $4. Call 364-2779 for more info.
• June 22 & 23, Crescent Valley for the 9th Annual Kootenay Whitewater Festival/Fundraiser. Cost for early registration, $55, with deadline June 19 at 6 p.m. Late registration, $65. To register, call 1-877-FUN-8181, or email email@example.com
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org