• Kootenay Savings Music in the Park resumes tonight with a flashback to the 60s California surfer music with the Mustwangs. Concert time is 7 p.m. at Gyro Park. Admission is by donation. On Tuesday, Music in the Park brings a special treat with the Kootenay Fiddle Workshop – join instructors from across Canada at 7 p.m. at Gyro.
• The Trail Market goes on the Esplanade this Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. if interested in selling your wares please call 368-3144.
• Introducing a Drop-in Centre for Adults at the “AMP” – Alliance meeting place – 3375 Laburnum Dr. next to the Alliance Church. An informal place where adults meet to play games, do crafts, puzzles, have a coffee and socialize. Everyone welcome. Tuesdays 1-4 p.m. Come for a few minutes or stay all afternoon.
• The VISAC Gallery presents “The Subtle Body,” a colourful collection of paintings of yoga poses by Nakusp artist Barbara Maye. Gallery hours are Mon. to Wed., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Th-Fri, 2-6 p.m. For a special guided showing of the exhibit with your group of friends or club, contact the gallery at 364-1181 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The exhibit runs until Friday.
• The KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic is teeing off at Birchank Golf Course on July 20 with all proceeds supporting the Digital Mammography campaign. Tee off at 1 p.m. in a modified scramble, with prizes and dinner to follow. Register now, donate prizes, or become a sponsor; contact the Health Foundation at 364-3424 or register to play at www.kbrhhealthfoundation.ca.
• Start planning your entry for the Golden City Days Parade, Saturday, Sept. 8. Dig out old hats, long skirts, miners’ beards, gamblin’ duds; enter a float, marching group, baby buggies; play music, and dance. Join in the fun. Food and craft vendors are needed for Saturday and Sunday, also. Contact Terry at email@example.com.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org.