• Saturday, BlackJack Nordic Centre 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Rossland Frolf Association is holding it s 6th annual “Thanksgiv-Fling” disc golf tournament this Saturday at the Thin Air Frolf Course. For info call Kyle 231-8599.
.• Sunday, Canadian Tire/Highway 3A from 2-3 p.m. Rossland-Trail Right to Life Society’s Life Chain. Call 364-2304. Note: Trail Life Chain cancelled due to construction.
• Monday, Tickets on sale for the annual Columbus Day Banquet and wine competition at the Colombo Lodge, Oct. 19. Five course Italian dinner and dance. $40 by Oct. 7, $43 after. 2012 vintage grape only wines. Everyone welcome. For info call 368-8921.
• Tuesday, Trail Aquatic Centre 6 p.m. for the Greater Trail Stingray Swim Club AGM and fall registration.
• Tuesday, Waneta Plaza at 9:30 a.m. for scrabble players interested in forming a coffee scrabble group in centre court. Call 368-5167
• Ladies open house free curling instruction Oct. 3 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Equipment provided. For info call 368-3549.
• Trail Ladies Monday night curling registration Oct.10 form 7-9 p.m. New curlers welcome.
• Thursday , Jessica Gowling’s exhibit “Within the Wilderness” opens at the VISAC Gallery. Traditional hand-pulled prints. Hours Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday 2-6 p.m.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. for Eugene Onegin, the first Met of the season. Tchaikovsky’s fateful romance set in the late 19th century, moves episodically from farmhouse to ballroom. Tickets $24 at the door.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Twenty Feet From Stardom. Millions know their voices but no one knows their names. The untold true story of backup singers behind the greatest musical legends of the 21 century.
• Oct. 15, Charles Bailey Theatre, The Trail Society for the Performing Arts kicks off the season of eight performances with Axe Capoeira, featuring Brazilian music & dance. TIckets on sale now at the box office. Call 368-9669 or visit trail-arts.com.
• Oct. 19, St Andrew’s United Church in Rossland 1:30-3:30 p.m. for the Rossland Sacred Heart CWL annual Fall Tea and Bazaar. Tickets $4. Bake table and country store, everyone welcome.
• October 17, Royal Theatre 7 p.m. for National Theatre Live production of MacBeth. Shakespeare’s tragic talke of ambition and treachery unfolds within the walls of a Manchester church.
• October 21, Kiro Wellness Centre 2 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Service Canada rep. For info call, 368-9827 or 365-6276.
• Oct. 26, St. Michael’s School 1-3 p.m. for the Holy Trinity Church fall tea and bake sale. Tickets $3. Raffles, sewing, plants and a mystery table.
• Oct. 26, Royal Theatre 9:55 a.m. for the Met production of Shostakovich’s opera The Nose. Satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose.
• Nov. 16, Snowflake Gala, Cominco Gym at 6 p.m. Champagne reception, 7 p.m. 5-course dinner. Call 364-3424 for info.Tickets on sale Sept. 3- Nov 8.
• Dec. 5, St. Michael’s School, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Holy Trinity Catholic Parish community craft fair.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org