• Saturday, Colombo Lodge Piazza, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for 7th annual Colombo Lodge Piazza Day. Fun packed afternoon of live music, Italian fare, baking and more. Open to new members, table will be set up.
• Sunday, Gyro Park, 9 a.m. registration opens for the Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. 10 a.m. mass start. Kiwanis breakfast, 9-11:30 a.m., all proceeds to the run.
• Tuesday, 2 p.m. the Ostomy Support Group will meet at the Kiro Wellness Center. Scheduled guest: Michael Arab, Nightingale Medical Services. Please note date change for this month only. For further info, please call 368.9827 or 365. 6276.
• Friends of Refugees Trail, now until Oct. 30, bottles can be donated to the cause in a designated container at the Trail Bottle Depot. The group has also partnered with the Colander Restaurant to set aside a table for dining, 10 per cent will be donated to the Refugee Fund (until Oct. 30).
• Tickets on sale for KBRH Health Foundation Snowflake Gala on Nov. 19 in the Cominco Gym. Evening of dinner, dancing and silent auction in support the Elder Care Campaign, $70 per person. For info call 364. 3424 or visit kbrhhealthfoundation.ca
• Sunday, Rossland Legion Hall, 7 p.m. Joe Hill Coffee House kicks off 9th season (doors open 6 p.m.) Community venue for performers from near and far. This session: Michael Gifford, oldies and originals; Paul Bowles, stories, poetry, rhythm; Steve Rathwell, guitar; November and Avery Scott, young harmonica virtuosos; Wayne Saluti; Aaron Cosbey; and Marti Daniel. Coffee, tea and goodies, $3 admission. Always looking for new performers, all welcome and no auditions. For more info contact Les Carter at email@example.com, 362.5677.
• Sept. 22, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. for The Ronald Halliday Quartet. Singer and multi-instrumentalist and band perform jazz, blues and popular tunes. For info call 368.9669.
• Sept. 22, United Way Park-With-Us Day and 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. BBQ (855 Farwell St.) in downtown Trail.
• Sept. 24, Cedar Avenue in downtown Trail, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. for Trails incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. Support local made, baked, grown and raised products. Last market of the season.
• Sept. 24, First Presbyterian Church, Trail, 10 a.m. until noon for East Trail Circle coffee party. By donation, all welcome. For further info, call 368.6066.
• Sept. 25, BC Rivers Day, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Trail Aquatic and Leisure Centre. Annual shoreline cleanup followed by the Vancouver Aquarium’s interactive educational Aquavan, a hands-on display featuring live animals, artifacts and activities for all ages. Hot dog and cold drink from the members of the United Steelworkers Local 480, by donation.
• Sept. 25, Gyro Park, 9 a.m. registration opens for Trail Kidney Walk. 10 a.m. start.
• Oct. 1, Victoria Street in Trail from 1-2 p.m. The Rossland-Trail Right to Life Society forms a Life Chain.