• Friday, Remembrance Day ceremony in Trail, 10:30 a.m. parade from Fortis building to the Cenotaph. 10:45 p.m. O Canada, Reverend Meridyth Robertson leading prayer followed by Captain Gavin Robertson giving the Address. Warrant Officer Shane Batch will read Honour Roll. 11 a.m. Last Post given by Bill Guthrie followed by two minutes of silence.
• Friday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. Fruitvale Christmas Craft Fair. Admission $2, includes refreshments. Talented Kootenay crafters and baking. Fundraiser for Friends of BV Library. Runs again Nov. 12 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• Saturday, Trail Senior’s Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to All Aboard. $2 per person, all welcome. Entrance off Portland Street. For info call 364.0960.
• VISAC Gallery, “Between Trail & Sky,” a new exhibit by Richard Philip Soltice. Large scale black and white photos featuring Greater Trail.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre, 4:30 p.m. Sunday Cinema presents Captain Fantastic. Free thinking father of six raises his kids in the woods of Washington and is forced on a road trip across country.
• Nov. 16, Trail City Hall 11 a.m. Kootenay South Métis Society flag raising.
• Nov. 19, Presbyterian Church, 1:30-3:30 p.m. for Yuletide Tea. Bake sale, crafts, door prize. Everyone welcome, $3 admission, 1139 Pine Ave.
• Nov. 19, Warfield Community Hall, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. for Warfield Craft Fair. $2 admission, coffee and goodies.
• Nov. 19, Trai United Church, 5 p.m. Kootenay South Métis Society hosts Community Dinner to celebrate Louis Riel. All members and their family welcome. For info, call Myrt Servatius at 368.7371.
• Nov. 21, the Ostomy Support Group will meet at 2 pm at the Kiro Wellness Center, 1500 Columbia Avenue, Trail for its annual Christmas craft meeting. For further info, please call 250-365-6276.
• Nov. 26, Trail Senior’s Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to Don Hollis. $2 per person, all welcome. Entrance off Portland Street. For info call 364.0960.
• Dec. 3, Trail United Church, 10 a.m. until noon. U.C.W. is hosting their Christmas Coffee Party in the Knox Hall. Includes bake and toonie table. Admission by donation, all welcome.