•Tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the Muriel Griffiths Room at the Charles Bailey Theatre, Tangerine Swing will be the first act in the Trail District Arts Council’s new Winter Cabaret series. The Nelson-based quintet led by singer and pianist Diane Ermacora will perform some jazzy Christmas tunes and other standards. Beer, wine, coffee and treats for sale. Admission $5.
• Tonight, Rossland Sacred Heart Church will be hosting its Annual Advent Music Celebration at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to enjoy music and meditation. Hot Chocolate and cookies will follow in the Parish Hall.
• Friday, Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital is holding Pledge Day 2012 at the Waneta Plaza from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Help Light Up The Hospital, enjoy family fun and entertainment.
• Saturday, Warfield Community Hall, Pancake and Sausage Breakfast from 9-11 a.m. with Santa arriving about 10 a.m. Everyone welcome to enjoy holiday crafts, cookie decorating and more. For more information, call the Village Office 368-8202.
•Saturday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall, Pancake and sausage breakfast, and pictures with Santa from 9-11a.m. Small breakfast $3 and large breakfast $5. All proceeds donated to the Fruitvale Community Chest Food Hamper program. For more info, please call Kelly at 367-9319.
•Sunday, The Compassionate Friends of Trail, Fruitvale and Nelson will host a candlelight memorial service at 2 p.m. in the Trail United Church. Friends and family welcome. Followed by light refreshments. For info call Sherrie Brown at 368-5314
•Sunday, The Village of Warfield will be hosting their annual Senior Tea at the Warfield Community Hall from 1–3 p.m. Refreshments, entertainment and fun! The event is open to Warfield residents aged 55 or older. If you have lived in the Village for 50-years or more, we would like to recognize you with our special 50-year pin. Call the Village Office at 250-368-8202.
•The Salvation Army Christmas Hamper Applications will be available from Nov.9 until Dec.7 at Kates Kitchen, The
Salvation Army Food Bank, 730 Rossland Ave. Trail. The Applications will only be available at this office, between 9 a.m and 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
•Annual Rotary Club of Trail Carolfest at Charles Bailey Theatre on Dec 12 at 7 p.m. Trail Maple Leaf Band begins at 7 p.m. Choir begins at 7:30 p.m. Six choirs will be performing. Admission by donation of an item for the food bank.
On December 12 at 7 p.m. at the Trail United Church there will be a free event called Getting To Know Dementia. This introductory session reviews information about Alzheimer?s disease and other dementias, and the challenges of receiving a diagnosis. Participants will learn about the different types of support available throughout the dementia journey, and how to begin planning for the future. People with a diagnosis of dementia, care partners and family members are all invited to attend.
• Sunday Cinema presents “The Master,” at the Royal Theatre at 4:30 p.m.
•Stayed tunes for next week’s details on The Royal Ballet “the Nutcracker” Thursday Dec 13 @ 7p.m.
• Small Treasures and Big Finds is on display from noon-3pm, at Visac Gallery, 1501 Cedar Ave, Trail. Deck the halls with arts and crafts from our annual Christmas show and sale. Open 10am-2pm Mon-Wed, 2pm-6pm Thur-Fri.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com