• Trail Society for Performing Arts brings legendary country singer Gord Bamford to the Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m., tonight. Tickets $42.50
• Steps Dance Centre presents “Stairway to Entertainment.” The annual year-end gala features performances by students of all ages, in all categories of dance. Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Charles Bailey Theatre, $14.
• The curtain goes up for the J. L Crowe Players feature of “The Outsiders,” at the Charles Bailey Theatre, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. A stunning stage adaptation based on the novel by S. E. Hinton. $12 admission.
• The Charles Bailey theatre is hosting the hunt for Trail’s Best Singer on May 31, at 6:30 p.m. The top two Trail singers advance to the Kootenay Championships, June 23 in Cranbrook, over $5000 in prizes.
For information call 1-250-428-0305
• The VISAC Gallery exhibit of large-format collages “In the Tragic We Trust” by Angela Duclos closes Friday with a reception and talk by the artist about her work, from 6 to 8 p.m. Opening June 1 at the gallery is “The Subtle Body By Barbara Maye,” her collection of work celebrating the human body. Maye will be conducting an introductory drawing workshop June 2-3, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the gallery. The fee is $175 and the registration deadline is May 28. Regular gallery hours are Mon. to Wed, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Th-Fri, 2 – 6 p.m..
• Sign up for Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, Saturday at 10 a.m. at Haley Park. A chance to celebrate cancer survivors, remember those we’ve lost, and join our communities to fight back. Call 364-0403 for more info.
• Mondays in May is biking day. Meet at Gericks Cycle for a free safety check then head out on a leisurely ride through the neighbourhood. Meet at Gericks for the last Monday ride at 5p.m.
• Join Canadian Tire in celebrating Jumpstart Day, in recognition of its One Million Balls campaign that helps children participate in sports. Lots of activities planned for Saturday at Trail Canadian Tire with all proceeds going to the Jumpstart program.
• The Alliance Church is offering a “Meeting Place” every Tuesday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. where adults meet to visit, play games, do crafts and socialize. 3365 Laburnum Dr. everyone welcome. Call 368-9516 for more info.
• The Trail Kinsmen Club presents, “Stand Up for Charity.” Two great comedians, one night of laughs featuring Ivan Decker Vancouver’s number one comedian and Sunee Dhaliwal, a rising star on the Canadian comedy scene. Doors open 8pm. Tickets are $25. Available at Charles Bailey Theatre. Proceeds to go to the KBRH Health Foundation in support of Digital Mammography, Cystic Fibrosis and Kinsmen Community Initiatives.
•The Rossland Historical Museum will be holding a Family Day on June 2 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m at the museum. Music, food, displays and activities for the children will make it a great day of fun in a historical setting.
• Join us for the 11th West Kootenay Walk for ALS on June 3. This fun filled community event will be kicking off at Lakeside Rotary Park in Nelson at 11:30 a.m. with the walk Starting at 1 p.m.
• The ninth annual Art of Wine returns to the Colombo Lodge in Trail June 2. Wine tasting, appetizers and Art show highlights this elegant event with 18 wineries and over 100 wines on the menu. Tickets $50.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com.