• Visac Gallery presents “Small Treasures and Big Finds.” Local artists and artisans will be displaying and selling their beautiful works of art in all manner of mediums at the gallery, 1501 Cedar Ave., until Jan. 11, Monday to Saturday, 10 to 2 p.m.
• Sunday Cinema presents “The Way,” directed by and starring Emelio Estevez. After the death of his son in France, an American doctor decides to embark on the Camino de Santiago, a historical pilgrimage where he discovers the difference between the life we live and the life we choose. Royal Theatre 4 p.m., $9.
• National Theatre Live presents “Collaborators” tonight at 7 p.m. at the Royal Theatre. The play centers on an imaginary encounter between Joseph Stalin and the playwright Mikhail Bulgakov (best known for his novel The Master and Margarita).Tickets are $12 child and $24 adult. We still have plenty of Mix & Match tickets left for $144.00. These make an excellent Christmas gift as there are plenty of shows in the New Year as well.
• The Columbia Phoenix Players present “Scrooge’s Christmas Carol,” the ever-popular Dickens tale is told with a few liberties to bring you a comic and family friendly rendition of one of the world’s best-loved Christmas stories. Charles Bailey Theatre Dec. 3, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Dec. 4, 2:30 p.m. matinee. Adults $14, children $10. Tickets available at box office, phone 368-9669.
• The Kootenay Boundary Regional Health Foundation is holding its Pledge Day at the Waneta Plaza on Friday. Help Light up the Hospital and enjoy lots of family fun and entertainment. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Dr. Neil Elliot will be offering a provocative series of talks on his recent PhD thesis on “Soulriding and the Spirituality of Snowboarding,” featuring discussions on religion vs spirituality, at the Rouge Gallery in Rossland: today, Dec. 8 and Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. Admission by donation.
• Rossland Sacred Heart Church is hosting its annual Advent Music Celebration on today from 7 – 8 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend an evening of music and meditation. Several different choirs will be performing. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served afterward in the Parish Hall.
• Enjoy breakfast with Santa at the Fruitvale Memorial Hall with special cooks and servers from the Fruitvale Fire Hall and Beaver Valley Nitehawks. 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, $3 for small breakfast, $5 for large. All proceeds go to the Fruitvale Community Chest.
• The Artisan’s annual Christmas Open House is Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.. Come by Artisan to do your Christmas shopping, have a treat, and enter our draw.
•.The Rossland Chamber presents Rekindle the Spirit of Christmas on Saturday. Meet Santa, do some shopping, enjoy the Christmas parade, tree lighting and more. Check our www.bhubble.com or www.rossland.com for or full list of events.
•The Rossland Museum will be open during Rekindle weekend, Sunday 12-4:30 p.m. Come visit the historical exhibits, tour the ski wing and shop at the gift shop just in time for Christmas. The museum will also have its annual general meeting Tuesday at 7 p.m., everyone is invited.
• Trail’s Crime Prevention officer Gordon Simms is hosting a “Frauds and Scams” program to educate residents on how not to become a victim of criminal activity.
Monday from 2-3:30 p.m. and Wednesday, 7-8:30 p.m. in the Fitness Studio at the Trail Memorial Centre. The program is free but please pre-register at 364-0888.
• The Municipal Pension Retirees Association will meet at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall in Trail on Monday at 10 a.m. Lunch $10, bring a friend. Guest speaker Dr. Ghosh will speak on diabetes, followed by a discussion on MSP premiums for seniors and smart metre info. Call 367-2225 or 365-6486 for more info.
• Wear a white ribbon in support of the day of remembrance and action to end violence against women. Tuesday, 5:30 to 7:30 at the Trail United Church Hall, free food and child care. Call FAIR at 364-2326 or WINS T-House at 364-1543 for more info.
• Silver City Nites celebrates the holidays Dec. 9 downtown Trail from 5 to 9 p.m.
• The Rouge Gallery in Rossland welcomes the Christmas season with a concert featuring Nelson vocalist Allison Girvan and contemporary jazz guitarist Paul Lansberg. Dec.10, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $15 available at the Rouge Gallery, 362-9609.
• Community Christmas Dinner serves up a hot meal at the First Presbyterian Church on Dec. 14 at 5:30 p.m. Call 368-6066 to reserve a seat. Cost by donation.
To submit an event or announcement to Grapevine email email@example.com.