Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission.
• Tonight, Glenmerry Elementary School library at 7 p.m. for the spring Glenmerry Residents Association meeting.
• Friday, Ferraro Foods in Rossland from 3-5 p.m. the Rossland Trail Roller Girls will be promoting Saturday’s double header at the Rossland Arena. Come challenge you’re favourite derby girl to a plank off or arm wrestle for a chance to win one of 10 free tickets.
• Friday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall at 7 p.m. for St. Louis Music Night featuring the Harmaniaks; Michael Gifford; Lois Allen; Don Birtch with special guest Gary Morissette and friends. Tickets $10, available at Bay Avenue Music, Montrose and Fruitvale village offices. Call Bert Kniss 367.6612 for info.
• Saturday, Beaver Valley Manor in Fruitvale from noon until 2 p.m. Fruitvale Senior Citizens Branch 44 host a spring tea.
• Sunday, the Trail Seventh Day Adventist Church on Columbia Ave., 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Dinner with the Doctor. Creston physician Sid Kettner discusses “The Sour Side of Sugar,” fighting fat, diabetes and obesity. For info call Val 368.3384.
• Monday, Lonnie Facchina, community services coordinator for the West Kootenay Chapter of the MS Society of Canada will be in Trail to talk about support groups for people with MS or facing diagnosis. Call 1.866.352.3997 for more information.
• Sunday, Seniors Centre in Trail at 1:30 p.m., the public is invited to join the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Seniors at its AGM. Nurse Practitioner Barb Neilsen will be the guest speaker.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners’ Hall at 7:30 p.m., the Rossland Council for Arts and Culture presents the Montreal Guitare Trio. A world-renowned eclectic and energetic guitar trio from Montreal. Tickets $22 at Out of the Cellar in Rossland and The Charles Bailey Theatre in Trail, or $25 at the door.
• VISAC Gallery showing exhibition of Joost Winckers, an art instructor at J.L. Crowe Secondary School. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. By donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• May 1, Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. for the National Theatre production of King Lear. Shakespeare’s tragedy of an aged king who divides his kingdom between his three daughters according to which one is most eloquent in praising him.
• May 1, Waneta Plaza for the annual Spring Craft Fair. See what local crafters have been working on over the winter. Runs until May 4.
• May 3, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. for Harmony Choir’s Spring Fling. Features performances by various choirs from around the region and soloists Dawson Zanet and Audrey Bisset. Tickets $15.
• May 3, Rossland Miners Hall, 7 p.m. for U-19 West Kootenay Film Fest. Tickets at the door, $5 adult, $3 youth. Visit u19filmfest.com for info.
• May 9,Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m., for Miss Trail 2014. Tickets $15.
• May 22, Rossland Gallery at 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore returns to perform string trios of Beethoven, Kodaly and Dvorak. Tickets $15 or $12 for students and seniors, at Bear Country Kitchen and at the door.
• May 24, Fruitvale Memorial Hall at 9 a.m. auditions start for West Kootenay’s Best Singer. Top 20 auditions advance. Contests starts at 7 p.m. Tickets $5 at the Beaver Valley Bakery. Open to all ages living in West Kootenay/Boundary area. For info call Vern 250.428.0305.
• May 26 and May 27, Rossland Light Opera Hall, 2054 Washington Street, Rossland at 9 p.m. Auditioning teens and adults for roles and chorus for Anne of Green Gables. Come prepared to sing Happy Birthday and read from script. Show dates Feb. 2015. Contact Marnie at email@example.com for info
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org