•St. Rita’s Parish hosts its annual Christmas Tea, Bake and White Elephant sale and fish pond on Saturday, 1-3 p.m. Door prize and raffle. Entrance by donation.
•The Salvation Army Christmas Hamper Applications will be available from Nov.9 until Dec.7 at Kates Kitchen, The Salvation Army Food Bank, 730 Rossland Ave. Trail. The Applications will only be available at this office, between 9 a.m and 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
• The Trail Market goes Friday in the Cominco Gym from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. If interested in selling your wares please call 368-3144.
• The Yuletide Tea serves Saturday between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. at the Presbyterian Church,1139 Pine Ave., Trail. Cost $3.00. Everyone is welcome.
• The Trail United Church Giving Sale kicks off Saturday from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. With lots of winter clothing and household items available. Donation is by admission and all proceeds go to support the Food Bank.
• Italo-Canadese Bake Sale brings its best Italian baking to the Waneta Mall on Saturday. 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
•The Barra McNeils perform their East Coast Christmas show, featuring multiple lead vocalists, beautiful sibling harmonies and a wide variety of instruments, all blended with Celtic dancing and Cape Breton storytelling. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m., Charles Bailey Theatre, $35, 368-9669.
• The Trail Knights of Pythias present Ballroom Dancing to the big band sounds of The SwingSationS in the KP Hall, 942 Eldorado Street, Trail. Nov. 24Th, 8-11:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 and are available at Trail Coffee and Tea Co., and Mallard’s Source for Sports in Castlegar. Out-of-towners may reserve tickets by calling 367-6115
Sunday Cinema presents “Midnight’s Children,” written and narrated by Salman Rushdie. The story follows two boys who are born at the precise moment India gains independence from Britain in 1947, each handcuffed to history and each other’s fate. 4:30 p.m. Royal Theatre, admission $9.
• The 13th annual Teck Rossland Mountain Film Festival is rolling all over the community of Rossland until Sunday. Check out schedule at rosslandmountainfilmfestival.com.
• The Visac Gallery explores the allure and accessibility of hand-made books. Artists Nyla Raney and Jenn Hamm will be displaying work from their regional Book Arts project ‘Speaking Volumes’. A special feature in this exhibit is a private collection of international mail art and hand made books by local artist Gail D. Whitter. The exhibit runs until Nov. 23. Gallery hours are: M-W, 10-2, and Th-F, 2-6. Admission is by donation.
• Columbia Phoenix Players present “Phoenix Cafe III” on Nov. 23 and 24th in the lower level of St. Andrews Church in Trail. Tickets $10 available at: Got Juiced-Trail, On the Edge-E.Trail, and Mystic Beauty, Fruitvale, also at the door. Two hours of one act plays and skits and an enticing silent auction. Refreshments also available by donation. For information call Jessie 364-9911 or Jean 367-6365.
•Friends of the Rossland Range Annual General Meeting goes Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. at the Sacred Heart Catholic Parish Hall in Rossland. All welcome.
• UCW Trail United Church is holding a Christmas Coffee Party at Knox Hall on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m. To noon. Included is a bake table. Admission by donation.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org