• The Steps Dance Company’s annual “Showcase of Talent” show will be held at Rossland Secondary School on Friday at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 per family or $5 per adult and $3 per student and will be sold at the door.
• Rossland Light Opera is proud to present their 60th annual musical production of Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice,” playing at Trail’s Charles Bailey Theatre Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Tickets $17 adults and $12 Children available at the Charles Bailey box office, call 368-9669. Also playing at Rossland Secondary Mar. 2 at 7:30 p.m.
•The Rossland Historical Museum presents a double feature at the Miner’s Hall on Saturday. The first presentation is “Tracing the Columbia,” a spectacular documentary filmed during the 2011 David Thompson Brigade, retracing the explorer’s route from Golden to the Pacific Ocean at Astoria, Ore. After a break for refreshments, “Shadows of David Thompson” will be shown, a fascinating review of the life of this amazing Canadian explorer. Admission $10.00 at the door.
• The Royal Theatre’s Oscar Gala Weekend will be hitting the big screen Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Presenting four Oscar nominated movies plus the “Academy Awards” live, walk the red carpet and enjoy a licensed and lightly catered event on Sunday. Full Gala pass can be purchased in advance or at the door. Tickets available at the Royal Theatre or Charles Bailey box offices. Call 368-9669 for more details.
• The Royal Theatre will be showing a Monday evening MET Opera, Faust, at 6 p.m. and National Theatre’s Live Comedy of Errors Thursday at 7 p.m.
Details are below, thank you and see you there.
• Friends of the Rossland Range present the Backcountry Film Festival at the Rossland Miner’s Hall, Sunday at 7 p.m. All ages welcome. Tickets at Butch Boutry Ski Shop $5 adults, under 12 free.
•The VISAC Gallery is proud to present “My Inner Child” by quirky fibre artist Kim O’Brien. Based in Nelson, O’Brien is becoming well known for her imaginative and fantastical felt wool creations and VISAC is excited to host her first solo exhibition in Trail. For more information, call 364-0234.
• Ken Potter will lead a discussion about being “spiritual or religious?” at the Lenten Lunch Series, Mar. 1 at the Trail United Church from noon to 1 p.m. Bring a lunch, refreshments provided.
• St. Michaels school is hosting its Gala Event and fundraiser with dinner catered by the Riverbelle, music, dancing, silent auction, a 50/50 draw and more. Dinner is served Saturday at 7 p.m., cocktails at 6 p.m. Tickets $40 available at the Doorway, KBRH, St. Michaels, or OLPH Church.
• The West Kootenay Kennel Club is hosting a Canine Good Neighbour Trial at the Waneta Plaza on Saturday from 10-3 p.m. providing educational information and demonstrations with our dogs on location.
• The Trail Wildlife Association is holding their Annual General Meeting Sunday at the Local 480 Hall with guest speaker Lawrence Redfern speaking on caribou. For more info call Terry at 364-1838.
• Join local authors Darcee O’Hearn and Yolanda Ridge for an in depth discussion on how to get published in today’s market. 7-9 p.m. Mar. 1 at Rouge Framing at the bottom of the BMO building in Rossland. $25 call 362-5559 for more information.
• Selkirk College nursing students will host a Beans and Rice Fundraiser Dinner Mar. 2 at the Riverbelle to raise funds for a three-week practicum in Guatemala in May. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. Silent auction, raffle and short video presentation. Tickets $10, and can be purchased by emailing trailbeansand email@example.com or phoning 364-2076. Also available at JBS Business Services in the Gulch.
• If your child is in K to grade 10, lacrosse registrations are now available to be picked up at Castlegar Complex, Nelson Complex and Gerick’s Sports in Trail for the 2012 season. All registrations due by Feb. 29, returning players will have a $50 fee applied to late registration. Call Tina at 304-8597 for more information.
• The West Kootenay Big Game Trophy Association’s 55th annual Big Game banquet serves up another great evening, with five-course dinner, music and dance along with the annual awards, silent auction, raffles, door prizes, taxidermist displays and much more. Tickets available at Country Roads, the Colander, Bel-Air Cleaners and Laundry, Rossland Pro Hardware, Piper’s Corner Store and Castlegar Sports Centre. Mar. 3 at the Cominco gym, doors open at 4 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. Call 368-6868 for more info.
• Iron Mountain Theatre’s “Ski Bum: The Musical” returns to the Charles Bailey Theatre, Mar. 3 at 7:30 p.m.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org