Our new online calendar at traildailytimes.ca requires no login or password, and the form to submit an item is easy to use. You can designate where you wish the calendar item to appear within the Black Press B.C. family of websites. It’s free, of course. There’s even a spot for an image, say a rehearsal photo from a high school play.
• Sunday at 3 p.m. the Royal Theatre hosts a Super Bowl party. Free family event with proceeds going to the BCPFF Burn Fund. Pizza, pulled pork buns, beer, raffles and more!
• Friday at 6 p.m., the VISAC Gallery in Trail presents an art exhibit by Dr Velen Fanderlik. Lino prints and original blocks created by this lifetime honorary member of the Trail Art Club. Exhibit runs until Mar. 25. Located 1501 Cedar Ave. in Trail, admission by donation.
• Every two weeks, beginning Saturday, the Senior Citizens Centre will host a dance from 2-4 p.m. Admission $2. For more info contact 364-0960.
• Tuesday from 1-3 p.m., the Alzheimer Society of B.C. is hosting a five session series for family members who are caring for a person with dementia. Learn about dementia, coping strategies and planning. For more info call 365-6769, 1-855-301-6742 or email email@example.com.
• Feb. 8, Senior’s dinner at the Fruitvale Memorial Hall. Cocktails at 5 p.m. dinner at 6 p.m. Buffet dinner catered by “Chef for Hire”. Dance to the Rusty Nails. Tickets $20 and available at the Village of Fruitvale and Village of Montrose offices. Please purchase tickets by Feb. 1. Call 367-9319 for more information or to reserve a table.
• Feb. 7, the Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. J.L. Crowe will hosts its 6th annual Variety Show. Teachers and students show off their talents and comedy skills. Admission $12. Tickets available now, call 368-9669
• Feb. 7, the Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. A live from London production of Charles Dicken’s Great Expectations.
• Feb. 9, Cominco gym at 6 p.m. The 2013 J.L. Crowe grad class hosts the annual Valentine dinner, dance and fun night. Games, prizes and Italian dinner make for a great evening of fun and cheer. Cocktails and appetizers at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. Dance to the music of Emerson at 9 p.m. Tickets are $35 and available at Pharmasave in Trail and Fruitvale Pharmacy.
• Feb. 9,Trail United Church at 10 a.m.-noon. U.C.W. Valentine’s coffee party and bake sale.
• Feb. 16, the Italo-Canadese Society’s Valentine banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 Dinner 6:00, Tickets $32. Dance to the music of Timetrap. Advance tickets at 368-3268 or 368-5291. Door Prize Draw
• Feb. 14, Muriel Griffiths room at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the “chilled out” music of JazzWest, featuring Clinton Swanson on sax; Juno-nominated Melody Diachun’s vocals; and guitarist Doug Stephen. $7 advance, $10 at the door. For table reservations, contact 368-9669.
• Monday, February 18, 2013, The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet at the Kiro Wellness Center, 1500 Columbia Avenue, Trail at 1 pm. Guest speakers: Service Canada representatives. For further info, please call 250-368-9827 or 250-365-6276. Please note: time change.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org