Getting it Right for BC Seniors encourages all residents to attend a free presentation by BC Ombudsperson, Kim Carter from noon to 2 p.m., today at the Castlegar Recreation Complex. Learn about and support recommendations for improving B.C. seniors’ care. Optional lunch by donation at 11:30 a.m. Call 365-5077 or 362-5767 for more info.
• The 32nd annual Trail Terry Fox Run hits the starting line Sunday at Gyro Park. A non-competitive, participation event honouring Terry Fox and keeping alive his dream to replace cancer patients fear and pain with hope by encouraging cancer research in Canada. Registration is available from 9 a.m. to noon. The annual tug-of-war featuring teams from Regional Fire Services and Teck Emergency Services kicks things off at 9:30 am. Mass start at 10 a.m. Refreshments are provided and a Kiwanis pancake breakfast is available for a $4 donation.
• A new season of Sunday Cinema is back with its presentation on “Bernie.” This darkly comic docudrama details the unusual friendship between a likable Texas mortician, Jack Black, and a wealthy but reviled widow, Shirley MacLaine, and the shocking crime that follows. Sunday, 4:30 p.m. at the Royal Theatre, admission $9 or series pass for $40.
• The next Joe Hill Coffee House is coming Sunday at 7 p.m. in the Rossland Miners Hall. Featuring local musicians, poets, and dancers as well as excellent refreshments and goodies, and a great atmosphere. Joe Hill welcomes new performers. Please call Les at 362-5677, or firstname.lastname@example.org to appear on the show. Admission $3.
• Trail Society for the Performing Arts presents Inna Faliks at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday at the Charles Bailey Theatre. Called “adventurous” and “passionate” by The New Yorker and “poetic” by Time Out New York, Ukrainian-born, New York City based pianist Inna Faliks has established herself as one of the most passionately committed, exciting and poetic artists of her generation.
• The J. L. Crowe Class of ’62 celebrates its 50th Grad Reunion at the Riverbelle on Wednesday and Thursday. Appetizers and dinner at 6:30 p.m.
• The Trail Market goes on the Esplanade every second Friday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. If interested in selling your wares please call 368-3144. The next Market is Sept. 21.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com.