Please note Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times. It is designed to give non-profit groups and advertising partners the ability to promote upcoming events. However, the Trail Times does not guarantee submissions will make the next issue. If you wish to guarantee promotion of an event, please contact our advertising department.
• Tonight, Rossland Community Garden in Jubilee Park at 6 p.m. Learn how to protect your fruit trees, chickens, bees and other attractants from hungry bears. A discussion on the ‘how to’ of electric fencing will be followed by an actual fence set up around a residential garden. Call 231-2751 to register or for more info.
• Tonight, Gyro Park at 7 p.m. Kootenay Savings Music in the Park presents a performance by the Trail Maple Leaf Band under the direction of Joe Fuoco, and includes show tune medleys and marching band standards. Admission by donation. Call 364-3003 for more info.
• Friday, the Trail Market on the Esplanade open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Multiple vendors selling a variety of items such as clothing, jewelry, soaps, crafts, pottery, food, beverages and much more, will be set up along the end of Spokane Street and into Jubilee Park.
• Saturday, Trail Legion’s Annual Family Picnic at 1. Meat draw 3-5 p.m. followed by roast beef or hamburger dinner. Tickets for dinner must be pre-purchased at the Legion. Call 231-6562 for more info. Bus transportation to picnic and return by donation.
• Saturday, Trail United Church from 1-3 p.m. The Gran to Grans Stephen Lewis foundation is holding a Strawberry Tea and jewelry sale. Admission $4. Call 364-2779 for more info.
• Saturday, the Colombo Piazza from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. for the Festa Italiana’s “A Day Outdoors” event. Features Italian cooking, music and more. Call 368-9217 for info.
• Trail VISAC Gallery and Creative Arts Centre, until June 24, Graffiti Time and Elements: Contemporary photography by Ursula Abresch. Admission by donation. For info call 364-1181.
• June 27, Gyro Park at 7 p.m. Kootenay Savings Music in the Park presents a performance by the Harmaniacs and Alpine Rox. Kids Harmonicas followed by fold tunes old and new. Admission by donation. Call 364-3003 for more info.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org