• Saturday, Cedar Avenue, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. Plants, fresh produce, home baking, handcrafted goods, entertainment and more.
• Saturday, Trail Seniors’ Centre, 2-4 p.m. Dance to All Aboard. Everyone welcome, $5 admission per person. Entrance at 925 Portland Street in downtown Trail.
• Saturday, Haley Park, 8 p.m. Kootenay Savings presents Outdoor Movie Night. Showing “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.” Admission by cash or non-perishable food donation to the Trail Salvation Army Food Bank. Screening begins as soon as it’s dark, so arrive early to find a spot and don’t forget blankets, pillows or lawn chairs.
• Sunday, West Kootenay Toy Run, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Hundreds of motorcycles ride from Castlegar rec centre to Nelson Baker Street, to Salmo Fire hall, to Trail Waneta Plaza, to Rossland Columbia Ave, then back to Castlegar for prizes, raffle and the draw for a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle. Dinner, door prizes and music.
• Sunday, Victoria Street Bridge, dusk. Trail bridge will be lit purple in recognition of International Literacy Day.
• For a link to Golden City Days click here: Fun for all this year at Rossland Golden City Days
• Sept. 13, Trail Legion, 7 p.m. Jason Scott performs Diamond Forever A Celebration of Neil Diamond. Limited tickets, $25. Call 250.364.1422 for more info.
• Sept. 15, Gyro Park, 9 a.m. registration for Terry Fox Run. Mass start at 10 a.m. All welcome wheelchairs, strollers, roller blades. Dogs on-leash welcome.
• Sept. 20, Trail Legion, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Society for Protection and Care of Seniors invite you to a public meeting with B.C.’s Seniors Advocate Isobel Mackenzie. as she wants to hear from seniors and their family members living in this region. Let her know what is working and not working for seniors in this community. The audience is encouraged to participate in questions and discussion. For more info call the advocate office at 1.877.952.3181
• Sept. 20, Kiro Wellness Centre, 5-8:30 p.m. Greater Trail Hospice Society begins volunteer training. Next session in the centre on Sept. 21 from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Final training goes Oct. 4 and Oct. 5. All four sessions must be completed.
• Sept. 28, Trail, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Storm the Stairs, organized by the Trail and District United Way. A unique fitness challenge (or friendly fitness walk) and United Way fundraiser. Course features two routes, The Express, 18 staircases (approx. 1495 steps) and The Grande, 19 staircases (approx. 1618 steps). While enjoying this challenge, runners and walkers alike experience some of the most scenic views of the Columbia River and Rock Walls of historic West Trail.