Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Friday, Gyro Park, 2 p.m. for Kootenays Largest Water Fight aka Water-Rama. A horn will sound, signaling the start of a “flash mob” water fight. Bring super-soakers, squirt toys, and water bazookas for this spontaneous water-soaked event.
• Friday, Royal Theatre 2-5 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. the theatre is releasing 200 free tickets for the Aug. 20 airing of The Tragically Hip: National Celebration Concert Live. An additional 190 free tickets will be held at the door on a first-come first-serve bases the day of the concert. The Canadian Cancer Society will be on hand outside that Saturday for anyone wishing to donate to the cause.
• Saturday, Cedar Avenue from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. for Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. A Saturday morning experience, the market brings farm fresh produce, locally raised meat, fruits vegetables, home baking/gluten free, handcrafted items and more.
• Registration now open for Storm the Stairs Fundraising Fun/Run Walk hosted by the United Way of Trail and District. Slated Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., this unique fitness challenge (or friendly fitness walk) is a friendly fundraising event for those individuals looking for a healthy physical challenge. For info call Naomi McKimmie at 250.364.0999.
• Thursday, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. Darlene Ketchum Quartet takes the stage. An evening full of well known covers, soul tunes, jazz standards, gospel, R&B and funk. Bring your lawn chair, admission by donation.
• Tuesday, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. for The Lion, The Bear, The Fox. Three voices joined as one, part folk, a pinch of gospel and a dash of growl. Admission by donation.
• Aug. 18, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. Melody Diachun Quintet. Celebrated singer, songwriter, performer, teacher and recording artist. Sit back and listen to this talented vocalist sing some smooth jazz.
• Aug 19, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Fresh produce, good eats and more.
• Aug 19 to Aug 21, Trail Riding Grounds for the Hot August Hooves Horse Show. Lots of different classes for all levels of riders. Dressage & Jumping on Friday, English flat on Saturday, Halter, Inhand and Western flat Sunday. Huge raffle table for everyone, not just horse people. Many items donated by local business including hotel stays, merchandise, items, hand made items, feed, horse items, and much much more. For more information call 250.608.0735.
• Aug. 23, Gyro Park 3-7 p.m. Trail Association of Community Living (TACL) is celebrating 65 years. Live music, face painting and games. Bring your own lawn chair.
• Sept. 7, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 4-8 p.m. Special Evening Edition featuring That Girl and Earl.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.