• Kick up your heals at the “Sweetheart Sockhop” at the Trail Legion Saturday at 7 p.m. Music by North of 60. Wear your finest 50’s garb (optional) and join us as we fight the winter doldrums with some great flash-back fun.
• Classical pianist and violinist Carolyn Cameron and Aurora Dokken bring the best of classical music to the Trail United Church Monday at 7:30 p.m. Adults $12, seniors and students $10.
• The National Theatre Live presents “Traveling Light” by Nicholas Wright. A play about a 22-year-old pretentious layabout who makes a discovery that would elude every other cinematic pioneer for years to come. Tonight at the Royal Theatre, showtime 7 p.m.
• Sunday Cinema presents “The Artist,” a generous, touching and slightly daffy expression of unbridled movie love. Though its protagonist mourns the arrival of sound, “The Artist” itself is more interested in celebrating the range and power of a medium that can sparkle, swoon and suffer so beautifully that it doesn’t really need to have anything to say. 5 p.m. (late start) Royal Theatre, $9 admission.
•The VISAC Gallery is proud to present “My Inner Child” by quirky fibre artist Kim O’Brien. Based in Nelson, O’Brien is becoming well known for her imaginative and fantastical felt wool creations and VISAC is excited to host her first solo exhibition in Trail. For more information, call 364-0234.
• Registration for the Zumbathon Charity Event at the Cominco Arena on Apr. 14 will go at the Waneta Plaza centre court Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. $60 per person or $55 per individual for a team of three or more. Registration includes three hours of Zumba, t-shirt, water bottle, door prizes and goodie bag. Proceeds to Digital Mammography at KBRH Health Foundation. For info contact KBRH Health Foundation at 364-3424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The annual Memorial Vigil for Health Services Lost will be held outside the Trail hospital. Concerned people will gather for an hour or two Feb. 20 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
•The Senior’s Dinner will be held at the Fruitvale Memorial Hall on Saturday with cocktails beginning at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. Cost is $20 per person and includes a buffet dinner catered by Chef for Hire with entertainment from the Rusty Nails. Tickets must be purchased by Saturday from the Beaver Valley Arena or Village of Montrose and Fruitvale offices. For more information, please call 367-9319.
• The Trail United Church is celebrating Valentine’s day with a coffee party and bake sale, Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Donations accepted at door.
• The St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Valentine Tea will be held on Saturday from 1-3 p.m. In addition to the tea there will be raffle prizes, a bake sale and a book sale. Tickets $3.
• Do you like fresh veggies but need space to grow them? Community garden plots with automatic watering available starting in the spring at Beaver Falls Community Park. For more info contact Cyra Frisk at 364-1774.
• The fifth annual J. L. Crowe Variety Show hits the stage Feb. 16 the Charles Bailey Theatre. Crowe students and staff, along with some special guests, showoff their musical and comedic talents in this annual fundraiser. Tickets $12 showtime 7 p.m.
• The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet at the Kiro Wellness Center, 1500 Columbia Avenue, Trail Feb. 20 at 2 p.m. Guest speaker is Amy Shields, Registered Acupressurist,. For further info, please call 368-9827 or 365-6276.
• Duck’s Unlimited is holding their 25th Annual Fundraising Dinner and Auction on Feb. 18 at the Riverbelle in Trail. Tickets are $40 and must be purchased in advance. Call Rob at 367-7072 for more info or buy online at www.ducks.ca.
•West Kootenay Naturalists Society is serving up a buffet dinner at the Trail Senior Centre, Feb. 24 at 6 p.m. with guest Michael McMann speaking on Raptors. Tickets $18 must be purchased by Feb. 16. Call Jane at 368-6949 or Pat at 362-5795.
• St. Michaels school is hosting its Gala Event and fundraiser with dinner catered by the River Belle, music, dancing, silent auction, a 50/50 draw and more. Dinner is served Feb. 25 at 7 p.m., cocktails at 6 p.m. Tickets $40 available at the Doorway, KBRH, St. Michaels, or OLPH Church.
• The Trail Wildlife Association is holding their Annual General Meeting Feb. 26 at the Local 480 Hall with guest speaker Lawrence Redfern speaking on caribou. For more info call Terry at 364-1838.