Bocce aficionados will be out in full force next week as the Senior Men’s RBC Bocce Tournament gets set to roll.
What was once a retirees tournament is now in its fifth year of competition under the sponsorship of Royal Bank of Canada.
Organizer Sergio Freschi’s son Dale is regional vice president of RBC in Prince George and offered to help out.
“Five years ago, you know he wanted to give back to his hometown, so he said that he would sponsor this tournament,” said Freschi.
Last year the Bocce event had about nine teams and organizers are still accepting entries to compete on Sept. 11 at the Trail Bocce Facility on Rossland Avenue.
Enter a team or as an individual as partners will be drawn to make up two-man teams.
The $15 entry fee includes an Italian luncheon, prizes, an entry gift, and two games guaranteed.
Plates and cutlery will be provided this year or participants can bring their own. Refreshments will also be available for purchase.
The closing date for entries is Sept. 9. Players can sign up at the Bocce centre or by calling Joe Bertuzzi at 368-9751 or Ozzie Lus at 368-3727 to enter or for more information.