• Monday, Genelle Hall at 5:30 p.m. for the WK Naturalist’s potluck dinner and month-end meeting.Please bring plate, cup and cutlery. Followed at 7 p.m. with a presentation by Jon Steinman on local and global food systems and security. Free. More info call: 362.7424.
• The West Kootenay Camera Club showing its First Annual Travelling Exhibition, at the Trail Coffee and Tea Co., in downtown Trail. The Exhibition features First Place winners from the WKCC 2013 Photo Show. For info visit westkootenaycameraclub.com
• Wednesday, Rossland Miners Hall at 8 p.m. for a performance by folk trio, The Once. Featuring Geraldine Hollett vocals, and Phil Churchill and Andrew Dale, instrumentalists. Tickets $20 at The Cellar in Rossland or the box office in Trail. Call 368.9969 for info.
• Thursday, the VISAC Gallery at 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Super Drapey Scarf workshop. $40 includes materials to make a unique handcrafted scarf. Upcoming classes include Clay with Kids; Adult hand building pottery, March 16. Call 364.1181 for info.
• March 1, Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. for the new Met production, Prince Igor. Russian epic, famous for Polovtsian dances. Journey through the mind of its conflicted hero with the foundling Russian nation as a backdrop.
• March 2, Royal Theatre at 11 a.m. presents the Royal Ballet’s Giselle. One of the most popular romantic ballets of all time. An engaging mix of passion, supernatural forces and power of love.
• March 4, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. the Trail Society for the Performing Arts presents Ballet Kelowna. Ground-breaking program Innovation, featuring Canadian choreographers and composer who challenge ideas of contemporary ballet. Tickets $30 available at the box office.
• March 8, Charles Bailey Theatre doors open at 6:30 p.m. for The Enema Awards. Back by popular demand, staff and friends of KBRH present an evening of song, dance, comedy and fun. Ticket $18 at the box office.
• March 15, Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. presents the Met production Werther. Two of opera’s greatest artists, Jonas Kaufmann and Elīna Garanč appear together for the first time in an adaptation of Goethe’s revolutionary and tragic romance.
• March 22, Rossland Miners Hall 9-11 p.m. Iron Mountain Theatre presents Electro Social Club. It’s about the beat and the freaks you meet. Invitation to the dance floor where DJ’s spin stories and you are the show. Visual, interactive, experience. Visit electrosocialclub.com for info. Tickets $15 in advance atRossVegas Boardshop.
• April 3, Columbo Lodge 7p.m. for a night with Jim Hole. Jim and his brothers run Holes Greenhouses in St. Albert AB (just outside of Edmonton). His mother, Lois Hole, wrote many books on gardening roses. Donation to food bank requested, call 364.5770 to reserve.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org