• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Friday, Ferraro Foods in downtown Trail, 10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. BBQ fundraiser to support Diane and Jason Langman’s MS Bike Tour, 189 kilometres over two days to support Multiple Sclerosis research. Hamburger lunch $5.
• Saturday, Rossland Collision from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. the KSYSA U-13 Girls Soccer Team is holding a car wash fundraiser. All car washes by donation, first-come, first-serve. All proceeds will go toward tournament travel and equipment expenses with team’s sights set on representing the South Kootenay in Kelowna, Cranbrook, Revelstoke tournaments and July provincials in Nelson. For info, contact Aerin Guy at email@example.com.
• Saturday, Montrose Family Fun Day kicks off from 8-10 a.m. with pancake breakfast in Montrose Community Hall. Antenna Trail hike 8 a.m., parade 11 a.m. Little League games from 9 a.m. until noon, concession available 11:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Steak and hamburger dinner 4:30-6 p.m. Children’s races, water park, air brush tattooist, horse drawn wagon rides, dog show, and more.
• Sunday, Beaver Creek Provincial Park 10:30 a.m. service celebrating 90th anniversary of United Church of Canada (June 10) Celebrate and worship 10:30 a.m., potluck to follow. For info call Debbie Wallace, 368.6998.
• Registration open for KBRH Health Foundation’s Golf Classic July 17 at Birchbank golf course. 11 a.m. registration, 1 p.m. shotgun start, 18 hole shamble format. Dinner and prizes follow. For more info, contact Lisa Pasin or Debbie O’Genski at the health foundation, 364.3424 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or debbie.o’email@example.com.
• Sunday, Royal Theatre 11 a.m. for Royal Ballet performance La Fille Mal Gardée. Classic romantic comedy, heartfelt tale of young love, and whirl of half-wit suitors and curmudgeonly guardians. Tickets $24 adult, $12 child, $10 local dancer rate.
• Friday and Saturday, Charles Bailey Theatre, 7 p.m. the J.L. Crowe Players present Grease. Ms. LaFonde’s drama class takes to the stage to perform one of the most successful musicals of all time. For tickets call the box office, 368.9669.
• June 11, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Kootenay Savings Music in the Park begins with performance by the Trail Pipe Band and the Kate E. Shaw dancers.
• June 20, Charles Bailey Theatre, 6:30 p.m. Kootenay Danceworks presents Dancing Divas & Dads. Students demonstrate their skills and talents at the annual year end show. Dads will be joining them this year. For info call 368.9669.
To submit to Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org