• Saturday, Trail United Church from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., the Tuesday Morning Quilters are having their 12th Annual Coffee Party, quilt show and sale. Admission by donation, all proceeds of the sale go to local charities. Along with this event the Trail United Church Women will be having a bake sale.
• Saturday, Steps Dance Centre’s bottle drive begins at 9 a.m. in the neighbourhoods of Rossland/Redstone, Warfield upper and lower, Annable, Glenmerry, Sunningdale, Shavers Bench, Oasis, Rivervale, Miral Heights and Fruitvale. The group asks people to have their bottles at the end of their drive or walkway by 9 a.m. if possible.
• Saturday, St Michael’s School, 1-3 p.m., Holy Trinity Church is hosting a tea and bake sale. Tickets $3 at the door.
• Saturday, Waneta Plaza’s 36th Annual Salvation Army Food bank drive. Golden City Fiddlers and Ray Boulaine entertain from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at centre court. Please bring a donation and/or non-perishable food items to support the food drive.
• Saturday, Trail Legion at 5:30 p.m., celebrate fall with a dinner and dance at Trail Legion. Deadline for tickets Oct. 23. Call 364.1422 for tickets and info. Legion members and bone fide guests.
• Saturday, Willi Krause Fieldhouse for the annual ski swap. Drop-off starts at 8 a.m., doors for swap open at noon.
•Saturday, Trail Market on the Esplanade features a special Spooktacular edition from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Halloween fun, activities including handed house, games and hay bale maze. For info call 364.0834.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. for the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Michael Arab from Nightingale Supplies. Please note date change. For info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Tickets on sale for Trail Legion Remembrance Banquet honouring our Veterans Nov. 10. Social hour 4 p.m., dinner 5 p.m. Cost $13.00 each, no charge for veterans or their caregivers. Phone 364.1422 for info and to reserve tickets. Deadline for ticket purchase Nov. 5.
• VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail showing The Artwork of Our Members. Paintings, pottery, fabric artist and photographers. Call 364.1181 for info.
• Nov. 1, Italo Canadese Society’s fall banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 p.m., five-course Italian dinner 6 p.m. Live music of Time Trap. For info call Lina 368.5291 or Maria 368.3268.
• Nov. 2, Prestige Mountain Resort at 5 p.m., Kiss-Off Cancer Cook-Off returns. Help prevent cancer through great food. Cook-off and silent auction. Chefs from Gabriella’s Restaurants Ltd., Ying Café and Alpine Grind compete against each other, creating scrumptious dishes with foods that prevent cancer. Everyone is invited to enjoy the food and support cancer prevention. Tickets on sale at Bear Country Kitchens, the Alpine Grind and Gabriella’s Prestige Restaurant in Rossland. For info text or call Diana Daghofer at 512.2126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 3, Nov. 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 15, the Trail FAIR Office at 2079 Columbia Ave. hosts the Advocacy Centre, a program of Nelson CARES Society. Help for people with issues involving the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation and landlord/tenant law. For info call, 1.877.352.5777 or contact email@example.com for an appointment.
• Nov. 9 Charles Bailey Theatre at 2 p.m. for Teck Children’s Series, World in Flapp. For children ages 4-12 and adults who are young at heart. Fiddling, clown aviator Major Conrad Flapps’ delightful blend of physical/acrobatic and musical comedy. Call 368.9669 for info or visit trail-arts.com.
• Nov. 15 and Nov. 16. Trail Legion from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. “Afternoon Out” Shopping Bash. Features more than 20 local vendors including; Scentsy, Forever Stitchin, South Hill Designs, Jamberry, Tupperware, Passion Parties and more. Door prizes and exclusive discounts for those who attend.
• Dec. 6, Holy Trinity Catholic Parish, St. Michael’s gym for annual Community Craft Fair.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org