• Friday, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Friday, Jubilee Park in downtown Trail 6-11 p.m. for Communities in Bloom White Night gala. Elegant catered evening, music, key note speaker Greg Belland. Call 368.8818 for tickets.
• Saturday, Riverbelle Restaurant from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. full day of Communities in Bloom workshops, tours and keynote speakers. 11th Annual Bloom Awards at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Gyro Park for United Way Day in the Park event hosted by the Trail and District United Way.
• Saturday, Birchbank picnic grounds, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the BCSPCA’s Paws for a Cause. Raise money and awareness to help fight animal cruelty. Contact 368.5910 for info.
• Sunday, Gyro Park 9 a.m. registration for The Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. 10 a.m. mass start, 9-11:30 a.m. Kiwanis breakfast, all proceeds to run. Firemen’s tug-of-war.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. for The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group. Guest: Robin Laytham will discuss pain management. For further info, call 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Second Tuesday of each month, the Dementia Caregivers’ Support group meets in downtown Trail. Call 1.855.301.6742 for info.
• Monday, Iona Hall in St. Andrews Anglican Church at 7 p.m. for Columbia Phoenix Players auditions for the 5th Phoenix Cafe. Parts available for all ages and skill level.s This evening of short plays will be performed at the end of November. For information please contact Hazel at 362.5021 or Margot at 367.7448.
• Wednesday, Trail United Church from 7:30-9:30 p.m. the Trail and District Harmony Choir invites new members. Non-auditioned, mixed community choir directed by Audrey Bisset. For info, visit harmonychoir.ca, call Marnie Devlin at 367.6585 or Bruce Fawcett at 368.5125.
• Tickets on sale (until Nov. 14) for the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital Health Foundation’s Snowflake Gala on Nov. 22. Five-course dinner, champagne reception, music, dancing and silent auction in support of the Critical Care Campaign. Call 364.3424 for more information.
• Saturday, Royal Theatre 11:30 a.m. for a live production of BBC’s Last Night of Proms. Sakari Oramo directs his first Last Night of the Proms, joined by powerhouse Dutch violinist Janine Jansen.
• Friday, VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail opens Ingrid (Baker) de Jong’s exhibition of 30 semi-abstract paintings titled, “Something Different.” For info call 364.1181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sept. 18, Trail United Church at 7 p.m. for Getting to Know Dementia. For those with recent diagnosis and their families, or for those who are concerned they may have symptoms. Please register 1.855.301.6742
• Sept. 18, Muriel Griffiths Room, 7:30 p.m., the Winter Cabaret features The Gabriel Palatchi Trio. The Argentinian keyboardist will be joined by drummer Tony Ferraro and bass player Doug Stephensen to perform a wide variety of styles in addition to jazz, including Salsa, Samba, Funk, Reggae, African, Tango, Klezmer, Disco and music from Gabriel’s homeland. Tickets: $13 in advance at the CBT box office; $18 at the door. Reserved tables available for groups of four or more. Call 368-9669.
• Sept. 18, Cinderella’s Closet is hosting a dress drive in Glenmerry. Gently used dresses, evening bags, dress shoes, sparkly things in good condition. For information check out the Facebook page, CinderellasCloset Event.
• Sept. 26, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Oct. 4, Victoria Street in Trail, 1-2 p.m. Life Chain. Everyone is welcome to participate.
• Oct. 5, Canadian Tire/Hwy. 3A Castlegar from 2-3 p.m. Life Chain. Peaceful witness for the protection of preborn children. Everyone welcome to participate.