Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Sunday, Trail United Church, 7 p.m. Celebration of Spring Concert featuring the Green Choir, Kootenay Women’s Ensemble and other talented performers. Admission by donation. Proceeds to Trail United Church.
• Sunday, Rossland Legion, 6 p.m. doors open for Joe Hill Coffee House. Show begins at 7 p.m. Featuring give great young local musicians, The Band Formerly known as The String Section; Steve Rathwell; Greg & Danielle; Wayne Saluti; Christopher Page, debut guitarist; Dawn Graham singing classic jazz; Kiana Tingley, Rossland’s up and coming singer/songwriter/guitarist. Admission $3, kids and students free. All welcome, no auditions. For more inform contact Les Carter at email@example.com, 250-362-5677.
• Saturday, Salvation Army Church, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Borscht Luncheon & Bake Sale (or Chicken Vegetable Soup). 2030 Second Ave, Trail. Tickets $6, available at SA Thrift Store.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 2 p.m. the Ostomy Support Group will meet. Scheduled guest: Paul Meise, Cooper Medical, Kelowna. Last meeting until September. For further info, call 368. 9827 or 365.6276.
• May 28, Trail United Church, 1-3 p.m. the Neighbour Grans to Grans will hold a Strawberry Tea. Generous servings of strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream. Tickets, $5.00. All proceeds go to the Stephen Lewis Foundation Grandmothers campaign, to help grandmothers mostly in Sub Sahara Africa who are caring for children whose parents have died of AIDS. To learn more go to Stephenlewisfoundation.org. or contact Joan McKenzie at 368.9509.
• June 2, Jazz at the Griff, 7:30 p.m. presents Shields Johnston Fielding. Pushing the boundaries of traditional jazz composition through an exploratory approach, the trio’s sound pulls listeners into lush, smoky ballads, driving grooves, and soaring melodies.
• June 2, Trail United Church, 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore classical trio presents: Music from the Movies (and other Internet lies). Angela Snyder (violin), Alexis More (viola) and Carolyn Cameron (piano) play works of Felix Mendelssohn, Dimitri Shostakovich and Joe Hisaishi. Tickets at the door or advance at Bear Country Kitchen in Rossland.
• June 9, Gyro Park, 7 p.m. Music in the Park opens with the Trail Pipe Band and Kate E. Shaw Dancers. Reels, jigs and traditional Scottish Music.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.