Grapevine is a public service provided by the Trail Times and is not a guaranteed submission. For full listing visit trailtimes.ca.
• Saturday, Cedar Avenue in downtown Trail, 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. for Trail’s incrEDIBLE Farmers Market. Support local made, baked, grown and raised products. Enter draw for $50 to spend at the next market.
• Sunday, Salvation Army’s inaugural Block Party, 12:30-3 p.m., 2030 Second Avenue. Food, fun and games. Bring a lawn chair.
• Thursday, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. Holly Hyatt and Jon Burden. Acoustic blues and roots tunes. Bring a lawn chair, admission by donation.
• Sept. 1, Kootenay Savings Music in the Park, 7 p.m. Old-Time Fiddlers close this season with their renditions of traditional and country favourites.
• Sept. 7, Trail Market on the Esplanade, 4-8 p.m. Special evening edition featuring That Girl and Earl. Picturesque venue, features local vendors and good eats.
• Sept. 9 to Sept. 11, Golden City Days. Parade entry forms can be picked up now at the Rossland Library or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Info on entering the outhouse races, text or phone 250.512. 8046. White elephant sale on Sept. 11; if your group would like to organize and host an interactive family-friendly event during the GCD weekend, email: email@example.com.
Last year’s winners of the GCD Outhouse Races:
• Registration now open for Storm the Stairs Fundraising Fun/Run Walk hosted by the United Way of Trail and District. Slated Sept. 10 from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., this unique fitness challenge (or friendly fitness walk) is a friendly fundraising event for those individuals looking for a healthy physical challenge. For info call Naomi McKimmie at 250.364.0999.
UW organizer Naomi McKimmie (right) and Montrose Coun. Mary Gay:
• Sept. 15, Trail Alliance Church, Grief Share begins. A support group for grieving individuals. Runs until Dec. 8. For info call Dallas or Diana at 250.367.9777 or Shirley at 250.368.0003.
To submit email firstname.lastname@example.org.