• The Royal Theatre presents the Bolshoi Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” today at 4 p.m.
• Visac Gallery presents “Small Treasures and Big Finds.” Local artists and artisans will be displaying and selling their beautiful works of art in all manner of mediums at the gallery, 1501 Cedar Ave., until Jan. 11, Monday to Saturday, 10-2 p.m.
• The Sweat Factory hosts a holiday burn class on Dec. 29 at 5:30 p.m. The factory will re-open to regular hours on Jan. 3
•The Community Christmas Dinner serves up their special turkey dinner with all the trimmings at the Trail Legion, Sunday at 5 p.m. Please call 364-1422 to reserve your ticket.
• Ring in the New Year at the Trail Legion with North of 60. Tickets $20 per person available at the Trail Legion.
• The 112th annual Christmas Bird Count is underway in Trail. Local birders are encouraged to count and identify birds for the Audobon Society from Dec. 15 to Jan. 5. Go to http://bit.ly/tliwj9 for complete details.
• Multi-Juno award winners, The Rankin Family and their Acoustic Tour lands in Trail and the Charles Bailey Theatre on Jan. 25 at 7:30 p.m. Get tickets at the Charles Bailey box office, $47.