With the Christmas season fading into the background and decorations safely stored away for next year, the task now turns to disposing of the Christmas tree.
With that in mind, the City of Trail along with students from the J.L. Crowe Secondary School Grad Class will be conducting a pickup of Christmas trees throughout Trail this weekend.
On Saturday (Jan. 12) and Sunday (Jan. 13) students will pick up trees where you normally put your refuse out for collection and at designated drop off areas within each neighbourhood.
Students will pass through each area only once, so please ensure your tree is placed in a convenient location prior to Saturday so students do not have to walk on private property.
If your tree is missed during our pickup, you may dispose of it yourself at the McKelvey Creek Regional Landfill Site. Landfill fees may apply.
There are also neighbourhood Christmas Tree Drop Off locations:
• Waneta Area – Waneta Village Park and the Intersection Theatre Road & Highway 22A
• Glenmerry – Carnation Drive at the tunnel
• East Trail – Butler Park at Grandstand
• Sunningdale – Hillside Drive at the Y
• West Trail – Bocce Pits on Old Rossland Avenue and at the Old Trail Bridge West Side Parking Lot
• Tadanac – Stoney Creek Road Pullout
• Public Works – Outside the yard at 3370 Highway Drive
• Miral Heights – Miral Heights Park