• Visac Gallery presents “Small Treasures and Big Finds.”
Local artists and artisans will be displaying and selling their beautiful works of art in all manner of mediums at the gallery, 1501 Cedar Ave., until Jan. 11, Monday to Saturday, 10-2 p.m.
• Sunday Cinema presents “Le Havre” a film by Aki Kaurismaki with Andre Wilms. A warm-hearted portrait of a well-spoken bohemian shoe shiner protecting an African refugee from deportation. 4 p.m. Royal Theatre, $9 admission.
• The Sweat Factory hosts a holiday burn class on today at 5:30 p.m. The factory will re-open to regular hours on Jan. 3
• Ring in the New Year Saturday at the Trail Legion with North of 60. Tickets $20 per person available at the Trail Legion.
• The 112th annual Christmas Bird Count is underway in Trail.
Local birders are encouraged to count and identify birds for the Audobon Society until Jan. 5. Go to http://bit.ly/tliwj9 for complete details.
• The West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet at the Kiro Wellness Center in Trail at 2 p.m. on Jan. 16. Guest, Esther Brown, is a foot care nurse.
For further info, please call 368-9827 or 365-6276.
• Multi-Juno award winners, The Rankin Family and their Acoustic Tour lands in Trail and the Charles Bailey Theatre on Jan. 25 at 7:30 p.m. Get tickets at the Charles Bailey box office, $47.