• Christmas Season Night of Song: join Audrey Bissett’s choirs and special guests and sing along with your favourite songs and carols at the Trail United Church, Saturday at 7 p.m.
• Visac Gallery presents “Small Treasures and Big Finds.” Local artists and artisans will be displaying and selling their beautiful works of art in all manner of mediums at the gallery, 1501 Cedar Ave., until Jan. 11, Monday to Saturday, 10 to 2 p.m.
• Sunday Cinema presents “Anonymous,” a film that explores questions regarding the real author of the works attributed to Shakespeare. Directed by Roland Emmerich, starring Rhys Ifans and Vanessa Redgrave. Royal Theatre, 4 p.m., $9.
• The Royal Theatre presents the Bolshoi Ballet’s “The Nutcracker,” Sunday at 10 a.m., Dec 19. At 4 p.m. and Dec. 22 at 4 p.m.
• The Trail/Castlegar Parkinson Support Group will be meeting on Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at the Colander. There will be carol singing and entertainment. For further information call 368-5179. New members welcome.
• The Sweat Factory’s last class before Christmas goes Tuesday with a post holiday burn class on Dec. 29 at 5:30 p.m. The factory will re-open to regular hours on Jan. 3
• Dr. Neil Elliot will be offering his last in a series of provocative talks on his recent PhD thesis on “Soulriding and the Spirituality of Snowboarding,” featuring discussions on religion vs spirituality, at the Rouge Gallery in Rossland: tonight at 7 p.m. Admission by donation.
•All former senior men’s Trail Smoke Eaters are invited to a team luncheon at Cantons Saturday at noon. Call Wayne for more info at 368-5645.
• The 112th annual Christmas Bird Count goes in Trail Saturday. Local birders are encouraged to count and identify birds for the Audobon Society from Dec. 15 to Jan. 5. Got to http://bit.ly/tliwj9 for complete details.
•The Community Christmas Dinner serves up their special turkey dinner with all the trimmings at the Trail Legion, Dec. 25 at 5 p.m. Please call 364-1422 to reserve your ticket.
• Ring in the New Year at the Trail Legion with North of 60. Tickets $20 per person available at the Trail Legion.
Send Grapevine submissions to email@example.com.