• Don’t miss Gary Morissette and the Sunday Glow. The Fruitvale native’s new Indie band is on a cross-Canada tour and will make a special Canada Day stop for one show only at the Fruitvale Memorial Hall on Sunday. Doors open 8:30 p.m. tickets $15 available at Ross Vegas in Rossland, Gerick’s Cycle in Trail and Country Roads in Fruitvale.
• Pop and country trio The Smokin’ Jays are featured tonight at Kootenay Savings Music in the Park. Concert time is 7 p.m. at Gyro Park. Admission is by donation. Up next on Tuesday, July 3 is a special presentation of the St. Albert Community Band, on tour from Alberta. This concert will also start at 7 p.m. and will be moved to the Cominco Gym in the event of poor weather.
• The VISAC Gallery presents “The Subtle Body,” a colourful collection of paintings of yoga poses by Nakusp artist Barbara Maye. Gallery hours are Mon. to Wed., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Th-Fri, 2-6 p.m. For a special guided showing of the exhibit with your group of friends or club, contact the gallery at 364-1181 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The exhibit runs until July 13.
• This year’s final performance of the Bolshoi Ballet presents “Raymonda” at the Royal Theatre Sunday at 10 a.m. Tickets are $24 or $12 for seniors/child, available at the door only. Doors open 30 minutes prior to show time.
• The Trail Market is up and running on the Esplanade this Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and every second Friday after that. If interested in selling your wares, vendors can phone 368-3144 for more information.
• The Alliance Church is offering a “Meeting Place” every Tuesday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. where adults meet to visit, play games, do crafts and socialize. 3365 Laburnum Dr. everyone welcome. Call 368-9516 for more info.
• June is Stroke Awareness Month. Are you aware of your risk factors? Have you or a loved one been affected by a stroke? The Stroke Recovery Association of B.C. – Trail Branch invites you to join us for our annual picnic on June 28. For more information about the branch or to register for the picnic, please contact Rachel at 368-9306 or visit StrokeRecoveryTrail@gmail.com.
• On July 7 at the Castlegar Skatepark Ben Wixon will teach a Beginner Skateboarder Coaching Accreditation workshop. Participants will learn sound strategies and lesson plans for integrating safe skateboarding programs in a variety of public setting including schools, recreation programs and public skateparks. Registration $20. For more information please contact Ty Smith by email at email@example.com or visit the facebook event page. Space is limited.
• Start planning your entry for the Golden City Days Parade, Saturday, Sept. 8. Dig out old hats, long skirts, miners’ beards, gamblin’ duds; enter a float, marching group, baby buggies; play music, and dance. Join in the fun. Food and craft vendors are needed for Saturday and Sunday, also. Contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com.