• Tonight, Rossland Gallery at 7:30 p.m. La Cafamore returns to perform string trios of Beethoven, Kodaly and Dvorak. Tickets $15 or $12 for students and seniors, at Bear Country Kitchen and at the door.
• Saturday, Fruitvale Memorial Hall at 9 a.m. auditions start for West Kootenay’s Best Singer. Top 20 auditions advance. Contests starts at 7 p.m. Tickets $5 at the Beaver Valley Bakery. Open to all ages living in West Kootenay/Boundary area. For info call Vern 250.428.0305.
• Monday and Tuesday, Rossland Light Opera Hall, 2054 Washington Street, Rossland at 9 p.m. Auditioning teens and adults for roles and chorus for Anne of Green Gables. Come prepared to sing Happy Birthday and read from script. Show dates Feb. 2015. Contact Marnie at firstname.lastname@example.org for info
• Friday to Sunday, Beaver Valley May Days. Ball tourney at Haines Park, 3-on-3 street hockey, Saturday parade and more.
• Saturday, Trail United Church from 1-3 p.m. for Neighbourhood Grans to Grans Strawberry Tea. Tickets $4.
• Sunday, deadline to register for “Cookies and Cards,” The Friends of Trail Library invite you to an afternoon of bridge on May 29 form 1-3 p.m. at the Trail United Church. Tickets $10, fundraiser to support current library programs. Call 364.1146.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre, 1500 Columbia Ave. at 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest will discuss chronic pain self management. For further info, please call 368.9827 or 365.6276. Please note date change because of holiday.
• Thursday, VISAC Gallery opens Gary Drouin’s “A Trail of Street Photography” exhibition featuring urban landscapes, mostly down the streets of Trail and Rossland. Runs until June 18. Hours are Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Thursdays until 6 p.m. Admission by donation. Call 364.1181 or visit visacgallery.com
• Saturday, VISAC Gallery 9 a.m, until noon. for monthly watercolour pencil drawing workshops. Joe Horvath and Visac offer workshops the last Saturday of each month. Cost $25. Tools required: one HB pencil, one Staedtler eraser, and one 24 pack of watercolour pencils.
• May 29, Trail United Church from 1-3 p.m. for “Cookies and Cards,” The Friends of Trail Library invite you to an afternoon of bridge from 1-3 p.m. Tickets $10, fundraiser to support current library programs. Call 364.1146.
• May 31, Trail Memorial Centre at 5 p.m. for a West Kootenay Roller Derby Bout.
• May 31, Gyro Park, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
• June 1, Charles Bailey Theatre at 3:00 p.m. for Steps Dance Centre’s Stairway to Entertainment. Annual showcase of talent, tickets $15 on sale now at the box office.
• June 7, The Riverbelle in downtown Trail, doors open at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6 p.m. for “Art Bark.” A fundraising dinner and art auction with proceeds going to the Trail Regional BCSPCA. Buffet with roast beef and veggie pasta main course. Entertainment by Jason Thomas, Kate Shaw School of Highland Dance and Mystic Dream Dancers. Silent and live auction. Art by local artists. Tickets at Barks and Recreation, Scotiabank, BCSPCA Trail branch and Tails Pet Supplies.
• June 7, Village of Montrose for Family Fun Days. Parade assembly at 10:30 a.m. starts at 11 a.m. at 9 Ave. and Third Street. Call 367.7234 or email email@example.com for info.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org